[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell Beckham's draft place next year?

yungballa

I am guessing people will chase his 2014 numbers in my leagues, meaning he will go in the first round. He comes with more risk than I like for a first rounder. So I doubt I end up with him in 2015. He probably is end of 2nd round material in 12 team leagues. A lot can change between now and August though. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised to see a coaching change in NY.

I would have to think yes, first round. I mean how could you not? He is playing lights out and is unstoppable. Maybe later first round but who is playing better than he is now? We'll have to see what the Cruz effect is though.

Okay, he has been on fire. Yes. Finished with never before seen numbers by a rookie. But let's all relax here. He has only done it for a little more than half a season. I would take a sure thing brown or D.thomas before beckham. And I have 5-6 rbs for sure in rd one. 2-3 wrs a qb maybe depending on ur scoring system. Now i play on standard PPR. Nothing cute about our league. But beckham in the 2d yes. First? I wont risk it. Would love to get him at the turn though and say load up on some stud wrs. Ex. Brown and beckham. Ahh 2015 draft already?

Most leagues are PPR and if a WR's team runs a good bubble screen, their #s get crazy. In PPR, next year, I go ABrown, then Odell.

if i get the last pick in a league next year (mine are ppr), you already know im snatching brown and beckham if theyre available. I feel that if your receiving core is THAT good, you dont need absolute elite rbs to win a championship

i'm seriously considering retaining Beckham and Nelson over the likes of JC and Forte (my 2014 keepers) in a 2-keeper league next year, which would essentially make them my Round 1 and Round 2 picks...lots can change between now and August, though, so will have to keep an open mind...

Early-mid 2nd. You can't put him head of Julio, Dez, Demaryus, Brown, Green, or Calvin maybe. We've seen too many guys have a great year and once teams have film on them and a year to prepare they adjust. We don't know if he'll do the work either. It's just too risky. It's not like taking one of those guys is going to lose you your league and they are just much safer.

Plus you have to look at the Giants team as a whole, how bad they were this year, their game situations and just throwing it around a ton. Will that continue next year?

This is the only thing I have to add. I won four leagues and lost the championship game in the other. Beckham was on all four of the winning teams. The second place team had an embarrassment of riches that failed to deliver that week. Many of the winning teams wouldn't have won without him. They survived a few stinkers from studs because Beckham delivered when others didn't.

Plus you have to look at the Giants team as a whole, how bad they were this year, their game situations and just throwing it around a ton. Will that continue next year?

That part doesn't scare me. Talent plays, and he's loaded with it. He'll get his and he's the rare player that makes points out of thin air. My only fear is that he hasn't repeated anything yet. And until you have, you haven't, and I'll stick to the guys that have (and still score in his tier).

The guys that have, didn't always do it this year. I know that Beckham could also get injured but some of the top tier players weren't always around when you needed them this year. Beckham missed nearly all of the preseason and training camp but here we are keeping him out of the elite group, a group's collected ass that he just kicked against all odds.

Edited by MikesVikes

ODB, has every right to be the #1 WR off the board in every league next year and a first round pick and yet probably won't be. If that's the case, he'll be a steal!

So glad that I got him late in a dynasty this past summer!!!

ODB is the 9th best WR this season (and that ranking with rise after this week probably into the top 5) after missing four weeks and he's behind only Antonio Brown in ppg and if Brown doesn't score at least 23.9 pts tonight, ODB week have the most ppg. And the guy missed the entire preseason as a rookie too.

Edited by irish

I missed out completely on ODB this year in just about every league I played in, but still pulled down about 35% win rate at RTS. Absent in both locals, yet won one of them. He's an amazing talent and finished off the year with another crazy game. Every year it seems like one guy off the waiver is the diamond in the ruff and weak teams are vaulted into the playoffs and eventual championships due to these crazy pickups. However, if you draft well from the beginning, your team should be dominant regardless of a waiver wire gem. Don't get me wrong, they do help and have helped me.

In our 8-man long time local, I will pick him in the 3rd round if he makes it to me, and I'm definitely taking the likes of Forte and DT rounds 1 and 2 ahead of him. All that being said, I'm going to wait until offseason activities, the draft, a few preseason games, and any other info that could change the dynamics of the Giants team as a whole. Then I will make my decision on where ODB will be taken by me in ff drafts in 2015.

So where do you put Eli next year? He'll have OBH, Cruz back, and Reuben Randle. He looked terrible early learning the new offense, but pretty darn good after all the offense seemed to pick it up. All things point to a great year for him next season, but I've been burned by Eli once badly. I'd probably pull the trigger if he fell and became a value pick, but it's likely someone else drafts him on potential before me.