[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks for asking ...

Grits and Shins

Do athletes have an obligation to speak to the media ? just asking as i do not have specific answer . My opinion is they should speak to Media and answer questions like very well paid adults

Per the CBA they are required to talk to the media. My opinion is that the media shouldn't be entitled to talk to anybody they want about whatever they want. The media has no boundaries.

Per the CBA they are required to talk to the media. My opinion is that the media shouldn't be entitled to talk to anybody they want about whatever they want. The media has no boundaries.

I get why they do, it's good for business. Heck even all this drama over Lynch is bringing more publicity and getting people to talk about the NFL. I just wish they had a shred of humanity and left the guy alone. It's clear Lynch has some level of social anxiety and just wants to be left alone. He's not an mister, he's not rude, he's not bucking the system, he just doesn't want to share. Just leave the guy alone.

• Like 2

I get why they do, it's good for business. Heck even all this drama over Lynch is bringing more publicity and getting people to talk about the NFL. I just wish they had a shred of humanity and left the guy alone. It's clear Lynch has some level of social anxiety and just wants to be left alone. He's not an mister, he's not rude, he's not bucking the system, he just doesn't want to share. Just leave the guy alone.

Exactly

Exactly

Yeah but how hard is it to just give a couple words here and there?

How's your stomach feeling? --- I wasn't feeling great before the game, fine now.

Talk to us about that 79-yard run... ---- Pretty awesome huh

Instead it's "thanks for axin"? Dumb.

• Like 2

At the same time it's part of his contract and he gets paid a lot of money. Suck it up and answer a couple questions. Everybody has things they don't like to do at work but you are required to do them, it's part of the gig

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2

Yeah but how hard is it to just give a couple words here and there?

How's your stomach feeling? --- I wasn't feeling great before the game, fine now.

Talk to us about that 79-yard run... ---- Pretty awesome huh

Instead it's "thanks for axin"? Dumb.

and what would you do if you suffered from social anxiety & were sick ?

I sister is the same way , just having to stand up in front of her 10th grade class to read a story she started vomiting & went into convulsions. Later when she was in her 30's the same thing happened when asked to speak at a PTA meeting , now I'm not saying Lynch has it that bad but who knows ?

I sister is the same way , just having to stand up in front of her 10th grade class to read a story she started vomiting & went into convulsions. Later when she was in her 30's the same thing happened when asked to speak at a PTA meeting , now I'm not saying Lynch has it that bad but who knows ?

If he has some kind of condition that's one thing. But honestly, at least to me, it appears as if he's fully capable of answering questions.

Hell, even if they were ONE WORD ANSWERS, just answer the question. You get paid millions of dollars as an entertainer. Unfortunately answering dumb media questions comes with the territory.

Last thing - if he's got some kind of condition, I feel for him. Get a professional opinion stating so and exclude him from the media policy. Shouldn't even have to sit there and answer questions if that's the case. But this whole "thanks for axin'" stuff is a stunt.

• Like 1

Now I will fully admit I am not familiar with social anxiety so I could be completely wrong here. But if a guy has social anxiety how would he be able to play in front of 70+ thousand fans every week? Now I understand that speaking in front of a lot of people is probably different but I agree with Darin, he seems fully capable of answering a few questions. And like Darin said, if it's really that bad he should be able to get diagnosed and excluded from having to do it. If not he is just being difficult

Edited by Finn5033

Meh...so fans get annoyed when Lynch does this auto-answer sort of thing. And some of those exact same fans get more than annoyed when Sherman does his WWF "I'm the best corner in the game...don't try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that is what you are going to get" And then, another contingent of fans complain about predictable scripted answers to stupid media questions..."We had our backs against the wall," "We made one more play than they did," or "It's now or never."

In most of Lynch's TD celebrations; he gives the ball back to the ref and makes a point of shaking the hand of everyone on his O-line.

Everyone likes to bitch. Some more than others. Like a butthurt girl sniveling.

Edited by Bobby Brown

I could care less because I turn the game off when it ends and have no interest in hearing athletes answer questions.

• Like 2

I don't watch the press conferences either, but if its in their contract (CBA) to speak to the media they should. If they have a medical condition preventing it get a note from the doctor and inform the public that this player will no longer speak to the media because of it.

I could care less because I turn the game off when it ends and have no interest in hearing athletes answer questions.

How much more could you care? :thinking:

Anyways, it's not about that. It's about the STORY it creates and the eventual discourses about it. It wouldn't even BE a story if he just answered the stupid questions.

Personally I despise the media and their attitude that they have the right to be anywhere and ask anything they want. While this is a little different because of the CBA ... I still have a general dislike for the media feeling entitled to poke their noses wherever they want. While I do not know why Lynch doesn't want to engage the media I imagine that he feels that same way I do ... so that is why I support him.

With the CBA requiring player interaction with the media ... I think it should happen outside of the locker room. The locker room should not be open to the media and should be the private domain of the players and coaches.