[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else reminded of Jerome Bettis when they see...

irish

...Eddie Lacy's body?

A chubby RB with some serious skills. I mean lacy is down right fat, just like Bettis was.

• Like 1

Put down the crack pipe Irish... Bettis is a hall of fame RB and was an absolute monster right up until the last couple of years, and even then he played a key roll. Eddie Lacy... not so much. Decent RB, yes, hall of famer... not even close at this point.

Wasn't talking skill was simply talking fatness.

dem is fighting words irish!

LMAO! Listen, I loved Bettis, as a player for a franchise, as a person, and as a fantasy owner. Guy was a class act! Loved watching him plow over would-be tacklers.

LMAO! Listen, I loved Bettis, as a player for a franchise, as a person, and as a fantasy owner. Guy was a class act! Loved watching him plow over would-be tacklers.

Great player. Won't say he was an a hole but celebrating every decent run he had like a tool doesn't constitute a class act to me

• Like 1

Great player. Won't say he was an a hole but celebrating every decent run he had like a tool doesn't constitute a class act to me

Guy was a fierce competitor and it was all part of his game - getting amped up/getting the bus rolling, while getting the fans excited. I loved watching him!

Guy was a fierce competitor and it was all part of his game - getting amped up/getting the bus rolling, while getting the fans excited. I loved watching him!

awesome player..meh to the rest

Edited by whomper

Figures, damn Cowboys fan... BTW, Rodger Staubach, a class act, never left the field a winner against my Steelers. America's team my arse. I'll bet you have absolutely no issue with Michael Irvin's celebrations. He was one of the fathers of all of it and certainly one of the worst when it came to outright taunting of opponents. :fool:

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Lacy has a real chance to end up with better numbers than Bettis when its all said and done . Its a long shot now but could happen and as great as bettis was he had some real gaffes along the way including fumble that should have cost Steelers SB if not for tackle by Big Ben against colts

Lacy has a real chance to end up with better numbers than Bettis when its all said and done . Its a long shot now but could happen and as great as bettis was he had some real gaffes along the way including fumble that should have cost Steelers SB if not for tackle by Big Ben against colts

That depends if he wants to spend his last 5 years in the league falling forward for 3 yard gains or realize that he is done and retire with some dignity. Not just keep stringing it along to try and win a SB or set some records like some RBs have done

*response to the last 2 posts

Dude scored 22 TDs his last 2 years as the Steelers short yardage back...and that holds no dignity for you.. pfft The year before he retired he had almost 1,000 yards rushing and 13 TDs... and that holds no dignity for you... pfft And that fumble he had was the first one all year btw... after not losing any the previous year. What exactly are all of these gaffs you guys referred to? Didn't happen.

Talk to me in another 11 years about Lacy, it is ridiculous to compare him with Bettis at this point.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Btw, as good a player and competitor that Irvin was, I couldn't stand him. Was thankful as a true-blue cowboy fan that he was wearing the star but he irked me.

...Eddie Lacy's body?

A chubby RB with some serious skills. I mean lacy is down right fat, just like Bettis was.

He looked like an offensive lineman when he first joined then team but looked leaner last year than this year.

Figures, damn Cowboys fan... BTW, Rodger Staubach, a class act, never left the field a winner against my Steelers. America's team my arse. I'll bet you have absolutely no issue with Michael Ervin's celebrations. He was one of the fathers of all of it and certainly one of the worst when it came to outright taunting of opponents. :fool:

Irvin celebrated first downs and TDs. Bettis did the zombie sequence from Thriller on the field over 1 yard runs setting up 2nd and 9

Edited by whomper

That settles it, you are crazy!!! :razz:Irvin was the worst of all of them. Take off those rose colored glasses. :boxing:

Truth be told, Irvin is probably one of the worst ever. He was a showboater through and through. But he was our showboater !! :brew:

Irvin was a monster on the field for sure... has a $0.02 head though. He is by far the worst of the NFL analysts out there, he can hardly put two sentences together.

Totally agreed, he's a moron!

More Natrone Means than Jerome Bettis.

That might be more spot on.