[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say what Mike Wallace?

DMD

Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace came off the field with 2:49 left in the second quarter of the Dolphins’ Week 17 game versus the New York Jets and told Miami head coach Joe Philbin that he did not want to play in the game. He was not benched, according to team sources.

Wow.

I mean he only had three more quarters to play this year. And he just felt like sitting that one out.

Ever notice how Pitt WR's never amount to anything much? Maybe been scrambling for that 2 extra seconds helps them!

huh ?

Sanders this year with Broncos ( which i suspect will continue as long as he is a Bronco )

Plex was main reason Giants won a SB

They may not have long careers after leaving Pitt but some have had their share of very big moments including SB rings

Edited by isleseeya
  • Like 2

Ever notice how Pitt WR's never amount to anything much? Maybe been scrambling for that 2 extra seconds helps them!

Wallace has always been a "me first" guy, and I think that's a big part of why PIT let him go. He's a poor man's DJax... will hit the home run once in a while, but can't necessarily be counted on when things go bad (or in PPR leagues, for that matter).

As for Big Ben, let's not kid ourselves, Bell and Brown helped make Ben's season what it was, not the other way around. They would both be stars on any team, no question.

Wallace may have been better in PIT, but that's because they were winning. Put him on a mediocre team, and he's a mediocre WR.

• Like 1

huh ?

Sanders this year with Broncos ( which i suspect will continue as long as he is a Bronco )

Plex was main reason Giants won a SB

They may not have long careers after leaving Pitt but some have had their share of very big moments including SB rings

Not to mention Mike Wallace had more yardage in his first year as a Dolphin than he did as his last year in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

Understand that he signed a 5-year, $60 million contract in 2013 with $30 mil guaranteed. He is making $15 million this year as the highest paid wide out in the NFL. He would make $10M next year with final $3 M guarantteed

This just shows Philbin's exemplary leadership as a coach and why as a fan I am so excited to have him coming back for another year.

:bash::bag:

I disagree ... Wallace is throwing a temper tantrum ... an indication of his immaturity. He chased the almighty dollar and now that he isn't the center of attention he is throwing a fit.

I disagree ... Wallace is throwing a temper tantrum ... an indication of his immaturity. He chased the almighty dollar and now that he isn't the center of attention he is throwing a fit.

Granted Wallace is a childish box of rocks, but just the fact that he even has the audacity to supposedly do that is just another example that Philbin has no presence or command with this team. He's basically Ben Stein going "Wallace? Wallace? Wallace?" imo.

After seeing him on Hard Knocks with his laissez faire attitude, the whole Martin/Incognito fiasco, the tension between him and Tannehill earlier, and now this? I am finding it hard not to start laying blame at his feet.

• Like 1