[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit/Dallas Game Thread

heehawks

PI or no PI call, the Cowboys showed grit coming back in this game. They may have gotten a break with that non-call, but they did what they had to do afterward to win. I'm not sure the Cowboys of recent years past would have hung in and grabbed a win. They've got some cajones and mental toughness.

PI or no PI call, the Cowboys showed grit coming back in this game. They may have gotten a break with that non-call, but they did what they had to do afterward to win. I'm not sure the Cowboys of recent years past would have hung in and grabbed a win. They've got some cajones and mental toughness.

:brew: maybe Det could a stopped Dallas on 4th down (twice) on touchdown drives..or went for it on 4th n short instead of punting

can u provide a link to that post or u just running your mouth?

Here:

Not defending anything, just stating pure fact. That play wasn't PI and the fact is there were several calls missed on both sides, but isn't that the case in many games? Detroit played a better first half, Dallas played a better second half and pulled out a close victory that could've gone either way.

Edit to add this from another thread:

Hardly, the refs missed two calls on the lions earlier in the game and the flag picked up wasn't even PI.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

What did you mean by this then?

did you read the post that that one quoted? IMO he was making a sensible post in a thread that at the time included people that haven't posted here in a long time hating on Dallas. Its called sarcasm..its hard to convey on a board I guess. Its the way of the huddle though ..I should know that by now. Oh well..ya'll enjoy your evening. I know I will. On to Green Bay!

Hell there were calls that went against us too. Hell the acting job by the Lions punter cost us points. PI or not, the defense played their ass off today. We lose McClain in the first quarter and Hitchens, a rookie comes in and plays MLB like a pro with a high ankle sprain. This team has heart and is playing it's best football. That call is one call and if I am the ref I look at it like, no way I am giving the Lions this game on a play that would not have been completed regardless of Carters influence. He had him covered like blanket and pulled his hands to allow him to make a play on the ball. The pass was a prayer and the flag should have stayed in his pocket in the first place. I see that play called PI all the time and I don't agree that it should be called at all, ever when the ball is in such a place that the receiver has no chance to make a play on the ball anyway. Had the pass been higher or if Carter ran him over then yes he prevented him from making a play on the ball. That would have been a gimmie break on a poor pass by Stafford and the ref made a good call to pick up the flag and not give them a free 1st down on a piss poor pass that had no chance of being completed. I believe the ref was not about to give them a free pass on that one. I'm glad he didn't.

The ole' we had calls against us too card. LMAO. The punter got run into, that wasn't a bad call in the least.

The rest of that post was just a horrible justification. The guy was interfered with, defender back turned, offensive player was prevented from making play on ball (which could have absolutely been caught if not for PI).

It was a crap call, why can't Cowboy fan just admit they got a lucky break. They can't, because it would put into question the sanctity of their holy franchise.

• Like 2

C'mon...it was a terrible call on the PI but the Lions didn't lose because of it

In all truthfulness, anyone claiming it did or didn't is speculating. Bad calls can and do affect the outcome of games; especially ones in crucial late game defining moments. Many unbiased fans may feel a bit cheated by that no-call; and that will undoubtedly irk some Boys fans. But the best thing a Boys homer can do is just be grateful for the bad call and ignore the noise.

Hell there were calls that went against us too. Hell the acting job by the Lions punter cost us points. PI or not, the defense played their ass off today. We lose McClain in the first quarter and Hitchens, a rookie comes in and plays MLB like a pro with a high ankle sprain. This team has heart and is playing it's best football. That call is one call and if I am the ref I look at it like, no way I am giving the Lions this game on a play that would not have been completed regardless of Carters influence. He had him covered like blanket and pulled his hands to allow him to make a play on the ball. The pass was a prayer and the flag should have stayed in his pocket in the first place. I see that play called PI all the time and I don't agree that it should be called at all, ever when the ball is in such a place that the receiver has no chance to make a play on the ball anyway. Had the pass been higher or if Carter ran him over then yes he prevented him from making a play on the ball. That would have been a gimmie break on a poor pass by Stafford and the ref made a good call to pick up the flag and not give them a free 1st down on a piss poor pass that had no chance of being completed. I believe the ref was not about to give them a free pass on that one. I'm glad he didn't.

Did you even look at that picture that I linked? The defender was not looking back in the slightest, and was making it absolutely impossible for the receiver to make a play on the ball. Say what you want about the quality of the throw, but it was catchable. Texbook PI. As per the NFL rulebook:

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

© Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving.

Edited by bud29

The ole' we had calls against us too card. LMAO. The punter got run into, that wasn't a bad call in the least.

The rest of that post was just a horrible justification. The guy was interfered with, defender back turned, offensive player was prevented from making play on ball (which could have absolutely been caught if not for PI).

It was a crap call, why can't Cowboy fan just admit they got a lucky break. They can't, because it would put into question the sanctity of their holy franchise.

It was a lucky break, and i acknowledged that 99.9% of the time that call stands. However, I do understand how they picked up the flag because the ball hit Carter in the middle of his back. So there was NO chance of catching it what so ever. NO CHANCE. That is the only reason IMO the ref picked up the flag.

• Like 1

In all truthfulness, anyone claiming it did or didn't is speculating. Bad calls can and do affect the outcome of games; especially ones in crucial late game defining moments. Many unbiased fans may feel a bit cheated by that no-call; and that will undoubtedly irk some Boys fans. But the best thing a Boys homer can do is just be grateful for the bad call and ignore the noise.

I disagree. How many plays happen in a game? You seriously believe that a few calls negate the rest of the plays in the game? When they picked up the PI flag did that CAUSE Detroit to punt the ball 9 yards? Did the picked up flag CAUSE the Detroit defense to give up a 1st down to Witten on 4th and long?

It was a lucky break, and i acknowledged that 99.9% of the time that call stands. However, I do understand how they picked up the flag because the ball hit Carter in the middle of his back. So there was NO chance of catching it what so ever. NO CHANCE. That is the only reason IMO the ref picked up the flag.

Your reasoning is incorrect and also doesn't jive with what the officials said....one said he thought the contact was minimal. Minimal? I mean this year they threw flags if you looked at a receiver wrong.