[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.J. Anderson 2K15 is a definite keeper, right?

Papa Deuce

The main concern IMO is the high value draft pick we burned on Ball. Even though CJ is very clearly (to me at least) the superior player, The Broncos used a 2nd rounder on him, so he is almost certainly going to get another opportunity to succeed. I think CJ will still win the job eventually, but it might not be until Ball sucks in a few real games. There is a chance that CJ wins the job outright in the preseason, but I'd give that 50/50 odds at best.

If Denver actually names CJ the starter before week 1, then he is a top 10 RB for 2015 drafts.

This is why it really sucks to have to declare your keepers early, especially before pre-season games have been played (we do ours 1 week before the draft, which is Tuesday after Labor Day).

I thought you meant John Fox or the Bronco brass had been saying that. I don't think NFL Radio or any fantasy sites have any idea what John Fox is thinking. With how well CJ has played, I don't see how the Broncos could begin the season with anyone but CJ starting. I think Ball will have to wait for CJ to fail or get injured for him to get a significant role.

They were interviews with Fox. He has a weekly spot

This is why it really sucks to have to declare your keepers early, especially before pre-season games have been played (we do ours 1 week before the draft, which is Tuesday after Labor Day).

That does suck. If I recall tho, you guys keep forever, must keep 5, and there's no associated draft cost - right? If it comes down who you drop in order to keep CJ, then it's arisk assessment. I'd guess your other options have some risk too.

I think it could help provide context to the broader discussion if you tell us who you're weighing him against.

That does suck. If I recall tho, you guys keep forever, must keep 5, and there's no associated draft cost - right? If it comes down who you drop in order to keep CJ, then it's arisk assessment. I'd guess your other options have some risk too.

I think it could help provide context to the broader discussion if you tell us who you're weighing him against.

Wow good memory, that is correct on our keeper rules.

I don't have CJ so I have no need to contemplate keeping or not. Just reading the discussion and point out early keeper rules make it harder.

Since my RB generally suck I'd probably consider keeping him if I had him. Now my keepers look like

JStew

Calvin

DemThomas

Fitz

#5 is a toss up,and would be one of

- Latavius Murray if he can be a decent RB2

- Rivers

- CJ0K, or one of my other bubble RB that could

CJ Anderson would be at the top of my list for #5 if he is going to be the starter. Its early and I haven't given it a lot of thought, and many things can change before then to impact the decision.

My opinion is probably not as so well thought out as twit but I believe you are looking at a system here that is too soon to truly debate his value as a keeper.

Manning coming back? How about the OC?

I wouldn't want any particular RB on Denver unless I could get them all.

I didn't buy into Ball but who is to say he is not a better option next year? Maybe they lighten the RB load for other assets and annoint CJ?

Too soon...but I would be asking for a lot in return at this point as a leverage play - especially if the other owner is initiating the talks.

• 4 months later...

I have been specifically targeting and picking up Ball in rounds 16 or later in 10 man, 24 round, rts drafts. Seems like real good value. His stock, however, is only going to rise throughout summer, IMHO. All the while, CJ is going in late 1st and mid 2nd rounds.

Edited by heehawks

His stock, however, is only going to rise throughout summer, IMHO.

This. Right now, Ball's stock is still fairly low and you can nab him pretty late in the draft. My guess is that his ADP will rise too high for my liking by late July/early August, when I have most of my redrafts. Value pick right now, probably won't be in 8-10 weeks.

This. Right now, Ball's stock is still fairly low and you can nab him pretty late in the draft. My guess is that his ADP will rise too high for my liking by late July/early August, when I have most of my redrafts. Value pick right now, probably won't be in 8-10 weeks.

All it will take is one or two wierd comments from Kubiak and Ball will shoot up as everyone trys to jump that shark.

In the end, barring injury, I think CJ will be the guy and be a monster. He has just shown so much more than Ball that I think there is a talent gap between the two.