[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer & Microbrew thread

keggerz

Twisted tea, that's for the gheys man :)

I hear you on filling up with the beers, I used to drink more mixed drinks for a while, especially at parties and places with open bars. But now its mostly beer and some shots or straight on the rocks (CC 12 year old mostly, occassionally some mid grade bourbon like Buffalo Trace). Oh and Margaritas during the summer months or when I go out for Mexican food.

A couple new beers for me this past weekend (and still some leftover for this week)

Lagunita's IPA - this one is very good, a little less bitter taste than some other IPAs, maybe even a hint of something sweet or fruity.

Troeges Brewing Nugget Nectar - another good one more to my liking with a less bitter taste but still plenty of hoppiness and a nice kick at 7.5% ABV

My old standard Yuenglings is going to taste bland after all these tasy beers (that is still my mainstay when I drink in volume, or want something ligter tasting).

Anyone had Abita's Wrought Iron IPA? Keep seeing commercials for it but nothing at the stores.

Currently finishing Magic Hat's winter Snow Roller, a "hoppy brown ale"...it's average

Anyone had Abita's Wrought Iron IPA? Keep seeing commercials for it but nothing at the stores.

Currently finishing Magic Hat's winter Snow Roller, a "hoppy brown ale"...it's average

I generally like Abita's beers, but that was one that I did not care for.

I'll stick to the Pliny when I can find it, Sculpin, Racer 5, Lagunitas or Stone when I want an IPA over that.

I do like the Purple Haze when I want something a bit lighter/refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 6 of Highland Brewing Co's Kashmir, an English style IPA (I thought IPA was an English brewing method anyway?)...good stuff, a smooth bitter, solid but not heavy

Dang why did I plan to go out of town this weekend. I've never attended any of these craft beer fests, will have to one day.

from all folks I've talked to over the years, this is their favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado has a lot of good breweries and beers out here, but one that hasn't been mentioned is my current favorite: Brekenridge Brewery's Avalanche Ale

I have several varieties of beers in the fridge right now, but keep going back to the Avalanche Ale.

I've had it before and I enjoyed it.

There's a brewery about 10 minutes from work that makes Peanut Butter Coffee Porter and a Peanut Butter Chocolate Imperial Stout. The stout's a limited release but the Porter's always on tap. Awesome stuff. They had a bottle release party for the Stout. I forgot I had put my name on the list so I didn't have to wait in line, but ended up in line nonetheless. Traded one off for a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (2013) which I haven't cracked yet

Picked up a Breckinridge Imperial Chocolate Cream Stout and a Maumee Bay (OH) Breakfast Stout the other day.

not drinking until April 3 so I wanted to buy something to scratch that itch

so Fat Head's is bottling their Imperial Red, Bone Head, and charging $12.99/four pack. Way overpriced.

Isn't that about what they charge for other four packs like Trail Head IPA? Or is it more like $10? Or is this stuff just not that good to warrant the price?

<p>I bought some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale a few times (first tried it in Lexington one summer) and its about $12/4pk. The Troeg's Nugget Nectar that I tried and really liked is about %