[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks vs. Panthers

keggerz

It was like 2 bye weeks we will see what happens when a legit team comes in next week in Dallas/Green Bay... They are tough for sure but this was a matchup of powerhouse vs a little league team next week will be a good matchup and we will see what both squads are made of

Except the Panther defense is much better than any defense left alive in the playoffs(not counting the Seahawks). So the Packers and Cowboys both have elite offenses. I'll put the Seahawks' elite defense up against either offense. The advantage comes when the Seahawk offense goes against either defense. That and playing in Seattle.

Edited by Tripleshot

I was wrong... Watched the first half and things were pretty much like I thought they'd be (close). Missed the entire second half because I was out looking at homes.

You can't turn the ball over three times and expect to beat the Seahawks. One interesting note is that Carolina had more 1st downs, yards and time of possession than the Seahawks.

I was wrong... Watched the first half and things were pretty much like I thought they'd be (close). Missed the entire second half because I was out looking at homes.

You can't turn the ball over three times and expect to beat the Seahawks. One interesting note is that Carolina had more 1st downs, yards and time of possession than the Seahawks.

Yup but like you said, TOs will kill you, especially against Seattle in Seattle, where it seems like once they start they just keep happening.

Time of possession was slanted towards Carolina....they had 14 total more yards; basically a deadlock. Carolina played better than I thought they would.

I don't think you were wrong, they did have a decent chance, and made it a competitive game for 3 quarters. How many were predicting that for the Seahawks. The way many were talking it was a complete mismatch and SEA should have blown then out, or at least had a comfortable lead most of the game.

The Panthers proved they belonged with a tough battle against the defending champs.

Meh, you watch any of Seattle's games the last half of he season the games were always close at halftime with the Seahawks in ultra-conservative mode. Then the second half starts and they started pulling away and making it out of reach in the 4th quarter. It's part of their game plan - play conservative and keep it close til the second half. Every game. It doesn't mean Carolina had a real chance. I think the last game where they had things in hand early was in the Super Bowl.

:huh: why?

Carroll firmly believes winning the turnover battle wins games. He's comfortable with the games being close because he has his defense and Wilson's decision-making to pull out close games in the 4th quarter. He's patient in that he'll play for field position and let his offense finally take advantage when given a short field. There are two active streaks, and I don't have the exact numbers, but the Seahawks have had a lead in every one of their last 50 or so games and have not lost a game by more than one score in 2(?) years. It makes for some pretty boring and at times frustrating football for their fans to watch, but his conservative approach wins games for him with this team.

Carroll firmly believes winning the turnover battle wins games. He's comfortable with the games being close because he has his defense and Wilson's decision-making to pull out close games in the 4th quarter. He's patient in that he'll play for field position and let his offense finally take advantage when given a short field. There are two active streaks, and I don't have the exact numbers, but the Seahawks have had a lead in every one of their last 50 or so games and have not lost a game by more than one score in 2(?) years. It makes for some pretty boring and at times frustrating football for their fans to watch, but his conservative approach wins games for him with this team.

Good analysis. I haven't seen them play a ton, and it seemed like the Panthers were doing better than the "experts" predicted. That's why I felt they were in the game for 3+ quarters and that SEA didn't dominate.

Do you think they can play it so conservative against a better scoring offense? (No I don't expect a repeat of the season opener.)

Good analysis. I haven't seen them play a ton, and it seemed like the Panthers were doing better than the "experts" predicted. That's why I felt they were in the game for 3+ quarters and that SEA didn't dominate.

Do you think they can play it so conservative against a better scoring offense? (No I don't expect a repeat of the season opener.)

They play just as conservatively, but usually their opponents with better offenses tend to have poorer defenses so they have more success moving the ball because of that. They'll be content to run the ball and only take shots when they are there to be taken, which is usually when Wilson starts scrambling.

interesting