[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next season two NFL games will kickoff at 9:30am ET in London, England

Wolverines Fan

http://www.cbssports...am-et-in-london

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

The NFL liked Sunday morning football so much in 2014 that it's coming back for 2015.

The league announced over the weekend that two of the three games being played in London next season will kick off at 9:30 a.m. ET (2:30 p.m. in London).

The first morning game will be held in Week 4 (Oct. 4) when the Dolphins 'host' the Jets at Wembley Stadium. Three weeks later, the Jaguars will host the Bills in a 9:30 a.m. ET game on Oct. 25.

The Chiefs and Lions are also scheduled to play in London next season, but the NFL hasn't yet announced a kickoff time for that game, which will be played on Nov. 1.

The Lions actually played in the first ever 9:30 a.m. ET game, which came in October 2014 when they beat the Falcons 22-21 in Week 8.

The NFL obviously liked what it saw.

That Detroit-Atlanta game garnered a 6.6 Nielsen TV rating, which isn't great compared to a 1 p.m. NFL game, but it was a strong number for the time slot. The 6.6 rating beat Game 4 of the World Series (6.3), which aired in prime time on the same date (Oct. 26) and on the same network (Fox).

One of the problems with the 9:30 a.m. ET start though is that it guarantees there won't be many viewers on the West Coast, where the games kick off at 6:30 a.m. PT.

Anyway, with two kick off times now announced, look for the NFL to release the rest of the 2015 schedule sometime in April.

Basically 2 games 31/2hrs earlier on both coasts. Can't wait to hear all the crying about lineups

Once again, the NFL doesn't give a flying poo about your fantasy football lineup. It cares about money.

They will continue to pretend to care about fantasy football 'cuz it draws more heads in, but in the end.... money.

If they're going to play games in London this time works much better for those attending the game there, and it gave a TV partner an extra game on a Sunday morning that got decent ratings. For me as a fan it is one more game I have a chance to see, so I'm fine with it. For fantasy purposes unless you have a player with a GTD it really shouldn't matter. Unless your league locks the roster once that game starts, which isn't likely because we've had Thursday games for many/most weeks for a few years and the leagues generally don't lock the roster then.

I remember this year there was some question and my CBS league I feared would lock at start of that game (it says something like "5 minutes before kickoff the the first game on Sunday"). I confirmed with them and the posted an announcement to all leagues that week if you don't lock rosters with the first game (e.g. Thursday) the players in Sunday afternoon still won't lock until that 1PM Eastern kickoff.

Edited by stevegrab

Once again, the NFL doesn't give a flying poo about your fantasy football lineup. It cares about money.

They will continue to pretend to care about fantasy football 'cuz it draws more heads in, but in the end.... money.

They don't care about players period, whether fantasy or the real deal. I'm sick of the NFL. It's virtually unrecognizable these days. Seriously, if you had a Back to the Future style Delorian and just arrived here from 1985, you'd be really confused. "Why are all these kickoffs sailing through the end zone? Was that a 2 point conversion? That's a penalty (covering receivers, hitting the QB, horse collar, etc.)??? Seriously, that's like the 5th replay in the last 15 minutes! Why is the NFL draft a four day event? What, that was definitely a catch???

Look at baseball and basketball for comparison... Nothing has changed really. Replay. What else? If you just arrived in your Delorian and watched a basketball or baseball game today, you wouldn't be confused at all. A hit is a hit. There's no completing the process of hitting a baseball rule, lol!!!

Despite all of this, I'm not sure if I'll have the sac to actually stop watching it though.

Despite all of this, I'm not sure if I'll have the sac to actually stop watching it though.

And that is all that really matters, as long as fans watch (specifically those monitored for ratings), buy merchandise and attend games they won't make any changes to quell those who don't like the changes. And most of the changes would be here to stay anyway, and aren't that big a deal.

Whenever I watch the NBA I wonder what happened to calling traveling, used to be 2 steps now it seems like 4-5 are allowed.

They don't care about players period, whether fantasy or the real deal. I'm sick of the NFL. It's virtually unrecognizable these days. Seriously, if you had a Back to the Future style Delorian and just arrived here from 1985, you'd be really confused. "Why are all these kickoffs sailing through the end zone? Was that a 2 point conversion? That's a penalty (covering receivers, hitting the QB, horse collar, etc.)??? Seriously, that's like the 5th replay in the last 15 minutes! Why is the NFL draft a four day event? What, that was definitely a catch???

Look at baseball and basketball for comparison... Nothing has changed really. Replay. What else? If you just arrived in your Delorian and watched a basketball or baseball game today, you wouldn't be confused at all. A hit is a hit. There's no completing the process of hitting a baseball rule, lol!!!

Right there with ya dude.

The thing is, NFL football is like heroin. They know that the true football fans are just junkies who will crave the honda until the day they die, so why cater to them?

Their marketing plan is to generate more recreational users with the hope that the product sucks some percentage of them into being junkies eventually. So they want to expand their turf, appeal to the teeny boppers, show up in nightclubs, and be mixed up in the occasional celebrity scandal in the gossip magazines. So they hondacan Hank and Faith, bring on CeeLo and Carrie Underwear, make it easier to score points, expand to Europe (didn't you watch Breaking Bad?), have games at weird times, constantly screw with the rules (because there's no such thing as bad press), dick around about paying the officials (because they really do have that much hubris), treat players as consumable assets, and always (ALWAYS) when faced with a decision, choose the option that puts the most $$ in your pocket.

• Like 1

Yeah, if that's all anyone can muster, then you know the NFL is ridiculous in comparison. Sigh...

Its all I can muster because I hardly follow the NBA.

The game evolves, you and others may not like it, I don't like some of it either. (People now want every play, every penalty reviewable, so we can have games last 4 hours.) Surely you've heard older people (60-70) talk about how the game was played in the 50s-60s and how it was pussified after that (70-80s), long before most of this rule changing and other stuff we are griping about today.

I'm not a fan of this really, ends up clashing with other sports and just feels harsh on the American viewers.

Although said I wasn't going to next season but the Dolphins are coming back again so will take advantage of the early kickoff and save myself a day off work to travel down.

Its much worse for west coast fans. I'm usually up and in football mode by 9-10AM on Sunday mornings, drinking coffee, reading football news, checking my lineup and watching the extensive pregame on NFLN. So instead I turn on the game around 10 or so (DVR), and I'm done not long after the early afternoon games kickoff.

I wouldn't want it any week, but a couple times a year its ok.

Its all I can muster because I hardly follow the NBA.

The game evolves, you and others may not like it, I don't like some of it either. (People now want every play, every penalty reviewable, so we can have games last 4 hours.) Surely you've heard older people (60-70) talk about how the game was played in the 50s-60s and how it was pussified after that (70-80s), long before most of this rule changing and other stuff we are griping about today.

Lol, yeah pussified because they have to wear helmets now. Yeah, I hear ya. Though I wouldn't call this evolving... it doesn't even feel like a game sometimes with all of the flags, replays, TV timeouts, etc.

• Like 1

Lol, yeah pussified because they have to wear helmets now. Yeah, I hear ya. Though I wouldn't call this evolving... it doesn't even feel like a game sometimes with all of the flags, replays, TV timeouts, etc.

It is another thing I like about watching the games on DVR, all that garbage (plus commercials and halftime if I want) can be skipped, and the game flows much better.

Give it an off season and you'll be drooling for NFL games come July. Its like winter for motorcyclist, that first ride in spring will feel like the best one ever after 3-6 months of no riding.