[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears HC rumors/news

darin3

Oh wow that would be a disaster. I thought he basically screwed himself out of a HC gig for this year at least. Dan Quinn would be a great hire but I feel like Elway has a complete kitchen, bathroom and 2 door garage to throw at Quinn. Hell he'll probably throw in a tool shed and pool to sweater the pot.

Edited by tazinib1

Of all those Fox sounds like the best. Waiting on Quinn for one more week may happen, but if they win you cannot wait another 2 weeks and risk having few decent guys to pick from to assemble a staff. Unless Quinn can convince them he can get the right guys even 3 weeks from now.

Oh wow that would be a disaster. I thought he basically screwed himself out of a HC gig for this year at least. Dan Quinn would be a great hire but I feel like Elway has a complete kitchen, bathroom and 2 door garage to throw at Quinn. Hell he'll probably throw in a tool shed and pool to sweater the pot.

Wtf is sweater the pot? Is this an existing huddlism or a brand new one?

OMG I just read that Doug Marrone is on the Bears' short-list. Please, God no.

The Bears need to wait until the Hawks lose this week :unsure: and throw the kitchen sink at Dan Quinn.

God no. I was thrilled the Jets hired someone to remove one more team from the Quinn list. I'm hoping the Seahawks make the Superbowl just everyone won't wait that long to fill their HC vacancies and the Seahawks get to keep him.

Edited by Tripleshot

God no. I was thrilled the Jets hired someone to remove one more team from the Quinn list. I'm hoping the Seahawks make the Superbowl just everyone won't wait that long to fill their HC vacancies and the Seahawks get to keep him.

I'm confused. You're a fan of the Packers

I fear Teryl Austin is one of this year's token Rooney Rule candidates. He's a pretty inexperienced DC with just the one year of NFL experience this past season in Detroit. I think he sticks around in Detroit but might emerge as a real possibility to leave for a HC gig next offseason if the Lions are top 5 in total defense again. I'd put money on John Fox ending up in Chicago. And I would guess the team will peak at 9-7 under him.

• Like 1

I'm confused. You're a fan of the Packers

I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a Packer fan since I can remember(David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, James Lofton, Eddie Lee Ivory days). In 1989 when I was 22 I transferred to Seattle for a job and adopted the Seahawks as my second favorite team. They were in the AFC so it wasn't really a conflict of interest. Then the Seahawks moved to the NFC... When I made my profile, I was going to list being a fan of both teams, but it only gave room for one. The Packers were there first for me, so I listed them in the profile.

• Like 1

I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a Packer fan since I can remember(David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, James Lofton, Eddie Lee Ivory days). In 1989 when I was 22 I transferred to Seattle for a job and adopted the Seahawks as my second favorite team. They were in the AFC so it wasn't really a conflict of interest. Then the Seahawks moved to the NFC... When I made my profile, I was going to list being a fan of both teams, but it only gave room for one. The Packers were there first for me, so I listed them in the profile.

Aha... I get it. Kinda the same thing with me with the Rams and Chargers

• Like 1

ok let me go slow and explain it to you.

Cutler is signed through 2020 with 3yrs guaranteed. 2015 counts $15.5 million and 2016 $16 million. That is GAURANTEED. That's a massive cap hit if they release him and a massive cap hit for any team trading for him. Get that? Ok lets move on.

Chicago is one of the worst cap space strapped teams in the league with only $27million under the cap. They have big FA's that need to be retained. Namely: Briggs,Tillman,Conte,D.J.Williams,Paea,La Pauente, and to a lesser extent, Clausen. They must also rework contracts for Jared Allen and LaMarr Houston if they see fit.

Bucs and Jets are HEAVY QB needy teams and pick before Chicago.

Trust me when I tell you its a nice fairy tale but its not reality. Not only do they NOT have the $ to burn on another Franchise QB, they don't have the picks to burn when they need help elsewhere.

• Like 2