[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears HC rumors/news

darin3

Lol @ Taz using logic and facts to explain something to diphonda iTWIT...

Taz - You need to focus on using more emoticons and baseless claims if you want this truckstick to comprehend.

Your post in his language would go something like this:

Mariotta is good but not sliced bread and bears need jam and peanut butter and ham and cheese. Cutler's money is a big number but blows so bears are in a rocking chair with Romo.

:fishy::rofl::lol:

Other teams take QB's first and not many this year. :bag:

More QB's next year for bears. Bears win 11 games with no Cutler. Andrew Luck is a big hairy man who I love with all my pimples. Puberty is hard because of all the masturbation.

Check in on Bears drafting for defense to not suck.

:fishy::fishy:

The stink bait Winston is no good. Mariotta will cause a team to win 12 games next year because he is a great Hawaiian god man who I love like Luck.

:rofl::sick:

Check in on things I said are all correct. Prove my wrongs. I like Dallas but hate them here.

• Like 11

Taz - You need to focus on using more emoticons and baseless claims if you want this truckstick to comprehend.

Mariotta is good but not sliced bread and bears need jam and peanut butter and ham and cheese. Cutler's money is a big number but blows so bears are in a rocking chair with Romo.

More QB's next year for bears. Bears win 11 games with no Cutler. Andrew Luck is a big hairy man who I love with all my pimples. Puberty is hard because of all the masturbation.

The stink bait Winston is no good. Mariotta will cause a team to win 12 games next year because he is a great Hawaiian god man who I love like Luck.

Check in on things I said are all correct. Prove my wrongs. I like Dallas but hate them here.

This almost made me spit my soda out! :rofl:

• Like 1

Absolutely trucking hilarious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol Lane Collins or Mariota are the only 2 players the bears should target in round 1.

If you dont get one of the two then trade your pick.

The draft is in Chicago for the first time ever this year.. if you dont think they are ready to make a splash with John Fox as the new HC you're nuts.

:doh:

I've explained it to you in another thread but you never checked in. Marcus will not get by the Bucs or Jets. :whack:

ok let me go slow and explain it to you.

Cutler is signed through 2020 with 3yrs guaranteed. 2015 counts $15.5 million and 2016 $16 million. That is GAURANTEED. That's a massive cap hit if they release him and a massive cap hit for any team trading for him. Get that? Ok lets move on.

Chicago is one of the worst cap space strapped teams in the league with only $27million under the cap. They have big FA's that need to be retained. Namely: Briggs,Tillman,Conte,D.J.Williams,Paea,La Pauente, and to a lesser extent, Clausen. They must also rework contracts for Jared Allen and LaMarr Houston if they see fit.

Bucs and Jets are HEAVY QB needy teams and pick before Chicago.

Trust me when I tell you its a nice fairy tale but its not reality. Not only do they NOT have the $ to burn on another Franchise QB, they don't have the picks to burn when they need help elsewhere.

Taz- stop feeding the troll

• Like 1

Glad someone got this thread back on track though your post kind of reads like what goes through John Fox's mind when he makes a coaching decision

Hmmmmm, give Delhomme another week? He can't possibly throw 5 INTs again right?

Hmmm, lets keep that rookie RB we drafted in the 1st round on the bench a couple years and let him season a bit. Yeah, I'm pretty smart.

Ahhh yeah, minute left one of the best QBs in the game? I'll just take a knee and go to OT. Yeah that's the ticket.

Hey on the bright side Bears fans you could of had Del Rio :rofl:

• Like 1

I agree that the Bucs are drafting a QB, but I'm not convinced that the Jets will draft a QB with their first pick. They have a lot of other needs, and they might not be enamored with either Winston or Mariota. Plus, are we positive the door has been shut on Geno? I mean, it's possible the new regime might be willing to roll with Geno this year to vet him out one last time while they address other needs in the draft (and wait for a better crop of QBs in the future).

Glad someone got this thread back on track though your post kind of reads like what goes through John Fox's mind when he makes a coaching decision

Hmmmmm, give Delhomme another week? He can't possibly throw 5 INTs again right?

Hmmm, lets keep that rookie RB we drafted in the 1st round on the bench a couple years and let him season a bit. Yeah, I'm pretty smart.

Ahhh yeah, minute left one of the best QBs in the game? I'll just take a knee and go to OT. Yeah that's the ticket.

Hey on the bright side Bears fans you could of had Del Rio :rofl:

Exactly the reasons I wasn't sorry to see Fox go. He wasn't Marty Morninwheg "we'll take the wind" incompetent, but he certainly hasn't differentiated himself or his teams with his game day decision making prowess.

I agree that the Bucs are drafting a QB, but I'm not convinced that the Jets will draft a QB with their first pick. They have a lot of other needs, and they might not be enamored with either Winston or Mariota. Plus, are we positive the door has been shut on Geno? I mean, it's possible the new regime might be willing to roll with Geno this year to vet him out one last time while they address other needs in the draft (and wait for a better crop of QBs in the future).

The Jets absolutely need to roll with Geno to see what they have there. I don't think that any QB could have had success in his situation thus far.

Can someone explain what's so wrong with Marone? He took a Bills team that has been really bad and turned them into a good team. One decent player away from the playoffs. I thought he had a good year with the Bills. I've also heard that he is highly regarded in coaching circles. Am I overrating him?

Can someone explain what's so wrong with Marone? He took a Bills team that has been really bad and turned them into a good team. One decent player away from the playoffs. I thought he had a good year with the Bills. I've also heard that he is highly regarded in coaching circles. Am I overrating him?

power hungry and butted heads with management. Also stormed out of the war room when the Bills drafted Watkins. Then he bombed his Jets interview…I don't see him getting another HC opportunity for awhile

Fun fact: Fox will be the first Bears HC with previous HC experience since 1956

And they lost in the NFL championship game that year. :thinking:

Wow, you're talking about Paddy Driscoll, who had previously been a HC of the Chicago Cardinals, 1920-22 :shocking: He wasn't even coaching in the NFL in that 30+ year gap.

http://www.pro-footb...hes/DrisPa0.htm

ETA Technically Halas (2nd stint 58-67) would be more recent that Driscoll. Also Trestman's 2 year stint was the shortest (excluding interims) since Driscoll.

Edited by stevegrab