[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears HC rumors/news

darin3

Fox signed a four year contract.

I'm optimistic about Fox, but he and Ryan Pace are going to need some time to turn things around.

Word on the street is Pace did a great job handling the whole hire John Fox thing from start to finish with no interference from sweaty Teddy and Georgie.

Dennis Allen has been mentioned for dc, Mike Mularkey is an oc candidate.

The Bears will introduce Fox at a presser Monday morning.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I see that Vic Fangio is a leading candidate for the DC job. That would be an outSTANDING hire. Not a big Dennis Allen fan but he is also in the mix. Having a defensive minded HC and a terrific DC in Fangio is a GIANT LEAP for Bear-Kind.

I would trust Fox to do whatever is necessary for the assistant coaches...no need for preferences. Although keeping that dbag jim Schwartz out of here would be nice.

I totally agree.

Titans denied Bears permission to talk to Mularkey. Can't say i'm disappointed about that.

i just read that Fox referred to Cutler as "Jake" in his presser! that's classic! LMAO if it's true, it's trucking hilarious! not sure it bodes well for the QB, though...

so, now that the new is in and the old is out, what does that ultimately mean for Chi-town's offensive position players fantasy-wise next season? obviously, Peyton broke all kinds of records under Fox last season, which was also wonderful for the receivers, but dare I say it, "Jake" ain't no Peyton...LOL

also, Fox ran a 3- (or maybe 4- ?) headed RB monster until he was basically forced by injury default to go solely with CJ...is there any significance there as far as Forte's fantasy fortune is concerned? so many questions, so few answers...

i just read that Fox referred to Cutler as "Jake" in his presser! that's classic! LMAO if it's true, it's trucking hilarious! not sure it bodes well for the QB, though...

so, now that the new is in and the old is out, what does that ultimately mean for Chi-town's offensive position players fantasy-wise next season? obviously, Peyton broke all kinds of records under Fox last season, which was also wonderful for the receivers, but dare I say it, "Jake" ain't no Peyton...LOL

also, Fox ran a 3- (or maybe 4- ?) headed RB monster until he was basically forced by injury default to go solely with CJ...is there any significance there as far as Forte's fantasy fortune is concerned? so many questions, so few answers...

He's bringing Jake Plummer out of retirement.

I think Forte is an asset they may need to deal in order to get some depth into the roster. Not saying they will but they should.

Considering his age and $8M cap hit, it could free up some valuable cheddar for that defense rebuild. Is the RB of the future on the roster now? Probably not but this is a strong RB class. Would probably be a very unpopular move but I could see it. You never know...that first Eagle trade to move up to draft Mariota (dumb IMO but that's another thread), could involve Forte and.....McCoy on top of the obvious draft pick rape??? Blockbuster indeed!!!!

Just read that as well, in this story (has a link to Chicago paper too).

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/20/7856365/chicago-bears-john-fox-jay-cutler-jake-wrong-name

I'm not usually a follower of the Bears but for some reason they have peaked my interest this year. It will be fun watching their draft and FA signings after, IMO, the best coaching/front office overhaul of the year. It is truley impressive.

• Like 1

I'm not usually a follower of the Bears but for some reason they have peaked my interest this year. It will be fun watching their draft and FA signings after, IMO, the best coaching/front office overhaul of the year. It is truley impressive.

Agreed, and I'm not even a Bears fan.