[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adam Gase

Shorttynaz

My topic from yesterday was fixed - good. Not trying to start another Adam Gase thread, but the radio station I was listening to yesterday was doing a lot of recanting this morning - claiming it was being reported both out of SF and DEN that Adam Gase was the new coach.

Anyway - now they're saying rumors out of Denver are linking Adam Gase to the head coaching job there - only if Peyton Manning decides to return. They want to keep the offense similar to what it was so that Manning doesn't have to learn another offense. I think it's a smart move - but I think the Manning ship has sailed as well. Dude's gonna be 40 next season - he was playing broken the second half this season. A healthy Brock Osweiler IMO is better suited than a worn out / broken Manning.

Ideal Broncos Coaching arrangement IMO:

HC: Kubiak or Quinn

OC: David Cutcliffe

DC: Jim Schwartz (I don't think any other better DCs would make a lateral move)

Will never happen, but would be pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Well he won't be coming to Cleveland, they've hired their new OC, John DeFilippo former OAK QB coach.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/john_defilippo_hired_by_clevel.html

More from the story

- Youngstown Ohio native (they love the local guys, and think fans do too)

- worked with Pettine in 09 with Jets

- also interviewed for Browns OC job last year

- made rookie QB Derek Carr look pretty good (nice since we'll be grooming JF or some other rookie)

Well he won't be coming to Cleveland, they've hired their new OC, John DeFilippo former OAK QB coach.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/john_defilippo_hired_by_clevel.html

More from the story

- Youngstown Ohio native (they love the local guys, and think fans do too)

- worked with Pettine in 09 with Jets

- also interviewed for Browns OC job last year

- made rookie QB Derek Carr look pretty good (nice since we'll be grooming JF or some other rookie)

You forgot:

- Has never been an OC at any level

You forgot:

- Has never been an OC at any level

I was trying to stick with the positives and likely reasons he was hired.

It is the track record of the Browns since 99, virtually nobody hired to do something (GM, HC, coordinator) has done that job before, or had any real success. I think the only HC they hired that had been one in the NFL was Mangini, and he wasn't that bad but like many was only given 2-3 years then canned (then his boss got canned, then we got a new owner......)

I'm also slightly amused (and a bit pissed) at Kyle Shanahan's end game, as he wanted out of Cleveland to rejoin his dad as a OC or HC (with Mike as HC or GM respectively). Now he's an OC waiting for the SB to have his boss (HC candidate Quinn) hired. No ties to daddy whatsover, so apparently he just wanted out of Cleveland and the Browns granted it. And his replacement as a new OC with no experience is more likely to be a Yes man to Pettine/Farmer/Haslam.