[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl XLIX

Shorttynaz

Who do you wanna see win?

For me I'm torn - I really don't like either team - but for different reasons.

Patriots - theyre the Colts killers year after year. People tend to dislike players/ttrsmd that win - and do it consistently. I hate Brady for that - but at the same time, in a few years from now when he's retired and will go down as one of the top 2 or 3 greatest of all time - I'll be able to tell my kids how amazing this guy was.

Seahawks - the reason I want to see this team fail is a majority of their fan base. I mean 90% of their fan base was established in 2011 or later. Look at how many fairweather fans left the game today mid quarter in the 4th quarter. Then their team comes back - they try to get back in and can't. Good - you missed one of the greatest comeback wins in recent NFL history. (New) Seahawk fans don't know how to win with grace. Instead - they pour salt in an open wound - even if they had nothing to do with the loss of "you're" favorite team. Maybe it's a few bad seeds, but a lot of my co-workers are working in the Seattle area - and I'm constantly forced to read and hear the "dynasty" talk already. Last week all I heard (from more than just the Seattle fans I work with) was eff the Cowboys - they suck. Really?? C'mon man.. When you can beat them - then lets start talking - not a Cowboys fan - but it's just my general observation of that fan base. Maybe it's just a case of a few bad seeds ruining it for everyone - but Seattle fans have ruined it for me. Would like to see them lose - and start doing it on a consistent basis.

Anyway - I honestly don't really care who wins - but if I have to have a rooting interest on one side or the other, go Patriots..

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Hate the Hawks, definitely want to see the Patriots and Brady win.

Edited by irish

Patriots. Just so Brady/Belichick has to live with the fact that Eli Manning and the Giants kept him from 6 rings and an undefeated season.

I also dislike both teams, but my hatred of the Pats runs far deeper. Belichick is a cheating arrogant prick and Brady is a pretty boy crybaby fag. Their fans are a bunch of obnoxious drunks who treat visiting fans terribly. truck that team. So glad that Eli denied them the perfect season, could you imagine the honda we'd still be hearing had they won?

Like the OP, the reason the seahawks get on my nerves is the gazillions of fair weather fans who have come out of the woodwork. I live in a big military town, so there are tons of fair weather fans as nobody is from here and can claim whatever they want. A while back it was the Steelers who were unbearable, now it's Seattle, but this will pass. The dead give away of the fair weather seachicken is when I mention how we used to own them when we were in the same division and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

Really hate this matchup. Just going to spend a lot of time drinking, checking my squares, and betting on whether the next commercial sucks or not.

Maybe the wardrobe malfunction will make a comeback this year with the main halftime performer...one can only hope

• Like 4

Who do you wanna see win?

For me I'm torn - I really don't like either team - but for different reasons.

Patriots - theyre the Colts killers year after year. People tend to dislike players/ttrsmd that win - and do it consistently. I hate Brady for that - but at the same time, in a few years from now when he's retired and will go down as one of the top 2 or 3 greatest of all time - I'll be able to tell my kids how amazing this guy was.

Seahawks - the reason I want to see this team fail is a majority of their fan base. I mean 90% of their fan base was established in 2011 or later. Look at how many fairweather fans left the game today mid quarter in the 4th quarter. Then their team comes back - they try to get back in and can't. Good - you missed one of the greatest comeback wins in recent NFL history. (New) Seahawk fans don't know how to win with grace. Instead - they pour salt in an open wound - even if they had nothing to do with the loss of "you're" favorite team. Maybe it's a few bad seeds, but a lot of my co-workers are working in the Seattle area - and I'm constantly forced to read and hear the "dynasty" talk already. Last week all I heard (from more than just the Seattle fans I work with) was eff the Cowboys - they suck. Really?? C'mon man.. When you can beat them - then lets start talking - not a Cowboys fan - but it's just my general observation of that fan base. Maybe it's just a case of a few bad seeds ruining it for everyone - but Seattle fans have ruined it for me. Would like to see them lose - and start doing it on a consistent basis.

Anyway - I honestly don't really care who wins - but if I have to have a rooting interest on one side or the other, go Patriots..

I agree with some of this drivel about Heehawk fans, but totally disagree that 90% of the fan base was established in 2011 or later. I've been a Heehawk fan since 1978 and have seen this fan base go through the grinder to get to a Super Bowl let alone win one, and then get right back to one. Yes, many MORE fans have jumped on, just like any other team fans that start to have success.

As for who do I want to see win? Um duh..the heehawks of course. :brow:

Edited by heehawks

I agree with some of this drivel about Heehawk fans, but totally disagree that 90% of the fan base was established in 2011 or later. I've been a Heehawk fan since 1978 and have seen this fan base go through the grinder to get to a Super Bowl let alone win one, and then get right back to one. Yes, many MORE fans have jumped on, just like any other team fans that start to have success.

Yea there was something like a 5 year waiting list for season tickets back in the 80s. And the fans were also loud in the Kingdome.

So you and a few others fall into the 10% category.. :)

I know.. 90% is certainly just a number I pulled outta my arse - just seems like a LOT of people I know who aren't that into sports are Seahawks fans all the sudden - but I get it - it's not just Seattle, it's everywhere. Someone said a few years ago it was the Steelers, and yeah - I have to agree. Big Rape's first few seasons where he took them to the SB - seemed like EVERYONE was a Steelers fan all the sudden.

This might be the first time ever i want the Pats to win. I have no idea why id pick them, but not a fan of either team. Maybe Brady can win this one and retire on a high note. Yeah, probably not but its the only thing I can hope for out of this game.

So you and a few others fall into the 10% category.. :)

I know.. 90% is certainly just a number I pulled outta my arse - just seems like a LOT of people I know who aren't that into sports are Seahawks fans all the sudden - but I get it - it's not just Seattle, it's everywhere. Someone said a few years ago it was the Steelers, and yeah - I have to agree. Big Rape's first few seasons where he took them to the SB - seemed like EVERYONE was a Steelers fan all the sudden.

Thanks for owning up. I was just busting ur balls a bit as a heehawks fan. Booya!!

This is a really tough one:

Patriots - I have a ton of respect for Belichick and Brady, I really do. It definitely is partly due to jealousy, and the fact that they have owned the Steelers when it mattered, but, I really can't root for them. They have definitely earned the right to be arrogant, but, I don't have to like it.

Seahawks - I actually like the fact that they play some awesome physical football. Defense and a RB like Lynch are what I love about football. The only negatives I have are that Carroll annoys me, they just won last year, and their fans include Bushwacked. ;)

Overall, it is really an evenly-matched Super Bowl on paper. Right after the AFC Championship games, I saw many lines at PK or Seahawks -1. You can't ask for more parity in a match-up than that. However, I think fans of other teams don't have a strong rooting interest, as their isn't an underdog to pull for. You have the Patriots, with a long line of success and the Seahawks with the most recent ultimate success.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks, but, will be more happy to see one team lost than to see one team win.

Best of luck to the fans of both teams. Enjoy every minute of it. :brew:

Thanks for owning up. I was just busting ur balls a bit as a heehawks fan. Booya!!

Ok I've got to ask, since I'm not so hip and into all the cool terms used today, what the hell are Heehawks and why do you use that term instead of their actual name?

Ok I've got to ask, since I'm not so hip and into all the cool terms used today, what the hell are Heehawks and why do you use that term instead of their actual name?

:pc: Referred to their nickname when they were bad, but he still uses it.

Cause them bandwagon12th man fans look like the donkey in the corn field from the show Hee-Haw??

I'm rooting for the Seahawks, but, will be more happy to see one team lost than to see one team win.

This is brilliant. I was so bummed because I hated both teams and was resolved that I wasn't going to watch the Superbowl. However, armed with this logic I can truthfully say that I would be very happy to see the SeaChickens lose and don't care about the winner.

Edited by Pancake
  • Like 1