[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think Lynch actually has social anxiety?

Finn5033

well hell I've been doing it wrong all along. I should've taught my kids..."hey, if you're an elite talent at sports you get a free pass in life to act like an mister and you're not responsible for anything" thanks for the heads up! : rolleyes:

Exactly those who defend him, especially with the angle presented by Bobby Brown, show the real problem is that many people think their "unique skill [running fast, being mean, being strong]" gives them a pass on being a reasonable and respectable human being. Don't want to talk to the press ok. Don't want to attend classes and take tests, no problem. Think you can do drugs, drive without a license, hit your wife/kids, well we do have our limits somewhere....

I don't really like Colin Cowherd but he had a good take on this last Thursday. This is on the media. Yeah, Lynch could be faking all of this, but why do you consistently hound the guy when it's obvious he's a terrible interview? Wouldn't you want to seek out the guys that are good interviews? Russell Wilson? Hell, Richard Sherman is on this team!

Just a dumb situation altogether.

• Like 1

I don't really like Colin Cowherd but he had a good take on this last Thursday. This is on the media. Yeah, Lynch could be faking all of this, but why do you consistently hound the guy when it's obvious he's a terrible interview? Wouldn't you want to seek out the guys that are good interviews? Russell Wilson? Hell, Richard Sherman is on this team!

This 100%.

Because people who make fools of themselves in front of the media are a better sell than squeaky clean Joe Football.

• Like 1

oh I agree with this. Doesn't make him any less of a weirdo chives imo

That's understandable as I noted above; no argument with that. Trying to rationalize what a professional athlete should do because joe blow has to do joe joe blow tasks at his joe blow job is silly and irrelevant.

Joe blows are silly to expect the same level of personal responsibility they must have to simply keep their joe blow jobs. Murica, truck yeah. :usa:

You know, he doesn't even really need to take questions. Have a prepared statement (couple sentences) and read it. Don't act like a pompous ass or mock the session with asinine behavior. That is only making it worse.

If he is incapable due to some factor(s), then get excused from it in the appropriate manner. Otherwise, DO YOUR JOB. Its his personal responsibility and no one else is to blame but him.

Rationalizing it because hes an athlete seems beyond silly to me.

• Like 2

snapback.pngtazinib1, on 22 January 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

He's one of the ugliest dudes in the NFL. The less I have to see or hear him speak, the better. Beyond that, I could really care less

So, you care then

My pet peeve too

Edited by frenzal rhomb

I don't care if he chooses not to talk to the media. Do I think he has social anxiety? No, probably not. I think he just doesn't care to talk to the media and his "thanks for asking" replies is just his way of fighting back for being forced to take questions from reporters. If he's ok paying the fines, then it's his choice to keep replying like he does. The dude moves to a different drum beat than most. To each his own, but I will say it's well past the time for him to quit grabbing his crotch when he scores a touchdown. The way he slows down and walks across the goal line is punctuation enough. The nut grabbing is just juvenile.

Seems like this should get more negative attention that what it does.

yeah surprisingly and it's about balls too.

reminds me of a few years back when defensive players were getting penalized and fined and the NFL was selling pictures of the hits.

Seems to me that he likes the attention and just wants to come off as different. If you are doing commercials and putting yourself out there in that regard to make some money, why can't you answer a few questions?

And I agree that reporters should quit asking him questions altogether. The attention that he is getting for his interviews is, IMO, exactly what he is looking for.