[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs release Josh McCown

Wolverines Fan

http://www.rotoworld...090/josh-mccown

Bucs released QB Josh McCown.

The move saves $5.25 million against the 2015 cap. McCown started 11 games last year, throwing for just 2,206 yards and an 11:14 TD/INT ratio. His release leaves Mike Glennon atop the QB depth chart, though Glennon is a candidate to be traded this offseason.

The Bucs are expected to draft a quarterback with the first-overall pick, with Jameis Winston believed to have a "big edge" over Marcus Mariota. McCown will be limited to backup offers in free agency.

The Bears could have interest in bringing him back, with the Ravens and former OC Marc Trestman another potential landing spot. Feb 11 - 5:37 PM

Or maybe Foles and the Eagles' #1 pick this year and next year?

I'm not sure that's enough for the 1.01 pick...I'm no Winston fan, either, but I don't think Foles and 2 later first round picks is equal value (especially when franchise QB is your target). I think Winston's "hometown" appeal works in Tampa's favor, too

The Browns have interest in him as well, it was reported by some guys and Pettine was asked about it yesterday and confirmed. But they have not talked to him yet, just been considering it. Basically they are considering all options at QB and are not planning as if JF will be the starter.

• 2 weeks later...

Drop Hoyer and pick up McCown? Man, I really feel for Browns fans. I think the Brown's management and ownership need to be run out of town on a rail.

Hoyer wants a gaurantee he'll start, that is what we keep hearing. And apparently somebody in the front office (Famer or even Haslam) wanted Manziel to start at some point, and that sealed their fate with Hoyer. Now they have a bigger mess as JF didn't show a lot of promise, but may not be a bust. Have to see how he comes out of rehab and looks in camp. Doubt any big name free agents really want to come here, Gordon out for a year, not a great running game, few really good receiving options (TE Cameron is probably not back). So what are their other options?

I think McCown is the defacto starter, until we see who else they get in FA or draft (hopelly late, 3rd round or after). How Manziel looks post rehab. McCown has expressed a willingness to work with and teach the young QBs. Could be he, Manziel and (Connor) Shaw battling in camp.

We've got a tougher schedule, and a team still rebuilding, plus a front office with major issues of trust. I smell another 4-5 win season, and another reboot in 2016 (new coach/GM/both).

I'm no fan of Haslam lately, but the team still has the support of most fans. The few people I know with tickets are not getting rid of them. One said they plan to sell the opener, PIT and maybe another couple games online at a premium, and attend the others at a cheaper price. They don't want to dump them yet, but may after another couple bad years.

McCown will most likely start in 2015. Manziel just won't be ready and Shaw will be practice squad fodder again (my take). Josh signed here because we offered the most money, quite simple. We have to overpay to get even mediocre talent on board with the mess that is the front office