[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alleged Dez Bryant drama on tap

BA Baracus

Adam Schefter hinted at a problem with a video out there for Dez either late last week or early this week on one of the sports talk shows here. That being said, he said he's been working on details about it since September and still does not have enough proof (for lack of better term) to release a story yet.

Edited by Def.

I cant imagine what it could be if people are saying it blows away the Rice and ADP incident. Im going to guess, if it exists, its him beating the crap out of his mother

Hard to believe in this day that anything could be kept secret for any amount of time let alone something that is supposedly "horrific" and that supposedly many "insiders" know about it. We'll see. Or not.

Really can't take this as much more than terrible speculative "journalism"; yeah, there's some credible names involved, but when juxtaposed with the domestic violence occurrences and the NFL's handling (bumbling) of those events last year, it's near impossible to take the description of "five times worse than Ray Rice" seriously. Also, if Wal-Mart were involved, I'd find it equally hard to believe that they wouldn't be out front from the get-go making sure they don't get perceived as catering to celebs and ignoring domestic violence

FWIW I have never heard of Seattle Sun Times. My initial guess is that they are trying to get some clicks.

I was wondering about that too...not familiar with the papers up in that corner of the world to know if they are legit or not. My buddy sent me this so I figured I'd post it here to see if it got de-bunked

After cruising around that site a little it does look like a bullhonda factory.

Big John - could you add and 'Alleged' or 'Possible' to the beginning of my thread title?

Edited by BA Baracus

The Cowboys have balked at handing Dez Bryant a long-term contract extension with significant financial guarantees, in part because of their lack of off-the-field trust in the Pro Bowl receiver. With no new negotiations scheduled between Dallas and Bryant's agents, Tom Condon and Kim Miale of Roc Nation, the franchise tag is almost a certainty.

In November during an appearance on NFL GameDay Morning, I reported on six separate incidents since 2011 of police being called to Bryant's home in DeSoto, Texas. None of the incidents I described, based on reporting using police records, resulted in any arrests, but they are emblematic of why the Cowboys are concerned about Bryant's behavior and some of the people he has associated with.

I have learned via another open-records request that in mid-2011 there was an additional incident involving Bryant. A report filed by the Lancaster (Texas) Police Department described the response by an officer to "an unknown disturbance" in a Walmart parking lot during the early morning of July 11. Vehicles registered to Bryant were at the scene in the parking lot, and Bryant later arrived in another car, when he was spoken to by a Lancaster PD officer. Upon further investigation, "it was determined that there was no offense" and "all parties were advised they were free to go."

Cowboys officials have been aware of this incident for some time.

Although Bryant is clearly a large part of Dallas' offense and a key to the team's continued progress, the pattern of off-the-field issues is one reason the Cowboys haven't improved their long-term extension offer of $114 million over 10 years with a $20 million guarantee, an average of $10 million a year during the initial six years and a signing bonus of just $5 million.

from nfl.com

Bryant has a past to be sure. In college and his initial year's in the NFL he was plagued with bad decisions and issues. But he seems to have legitimately matured and changed for the better in the last two years. He's acknowledged his past problems and that he associated with the wrong people who were mostly just using him. Maybe he had something in 2011 but that is about four years ago. It would be a shame if he truly has changed and grown up - which I think he absolutely has compared to his past - but for it to still drag him down in this TMZ world in which we live.

• Like 2

Bryant has a past to be sure. In college and his initial year's in the NFL he was plagued with bad decisions and issues. But he seems to have legitimately matured and changed for the better in the last two years. He's acknowledged his past problems and that he associated with the wrong people who were mostly just using him. Maybe he had something in 2011 but that is about four years ago. It would be a shame if he truly has changed and grown up - which I think he absolutely has compared to his past - but for it to still drag him down in this TMZ world in which we live.

Six separate incidents since 2011. The guy is a moran. I would franchise him for a year. No way do I hand this guy a multi-year bazillion dollar contract. If they do, they will regret it. Even with language to void the contract for behavior, the cap hits for the bonuses would still be not worth the risk.

:thinking: Perhaps the Cowboys could structure the contract with a roster bonus each year. There is no way I am handing this clown a chance to prohibitively jack up my cap space in the future.

Anyone seeing an impact in the fantasy world?

Talking to a buddy this afternoon and Dez owner traded him away for Davonte Adams and a 3rd rounder; guy does have Mike Evans, but sure seems terribly cheap (straight up keeper league, no contracts/salaries)

Sorry DMD, I completely disagree. Bryant is an absolute azz clown and I think he showed some of that immaturity last season during closer games.

I think we all knew from day one that he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he certainly "seems" to have been pointed in the right direction like a race horse that couldn't remember what barbed wire is for and it's best to stop before running into it at full speed. That said, in today's media circus and social media if that video was out there there seems to be only two explanations for why it hasn't posted yet. One, it doesn't exist but the incident may well of happened. Two, the video exists but the owner wants to negotiate the highest price for it. There is little doubt in my mind that in the past Dez did some pretty dumb things and may well of beat someone down close to him like a family member. However, it would seem that Dez has grown into a very positive and emotional person and despite that same emotion was probably channeled in the wrong direction in the past, he has since learned to point it also in the right direction.

I don't see anything but BS coming out of this one. Though something may have happened, the proof is just not there in video so I feel it will die soon.

I have to admit though, the first time I heard the guy speak, from that point on, I figured he was going to do something really stupid. I said to myself "oh boy, this guy is was carried through college for sure". He has since gained much more confidence speaking and sounds somewhat literate now. I said somewhat!

Edited by Cowboyz1

^from a criminal standpoint, felony assault and battery has a 3yr SOL in Texas (a lesser misdemeanor charge just 2yrs)...but I don't think legal issues are the concern here, it's public opinion and outcry; Rice, for his incident, got admitted into a pre-trial intervention program that lasts 12 months and the whole ordeal will be wiped from his record. His real trial was the public and NFL's subsequent reaction.

• Like 1