[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Cassel traded to Buffalo

Wolverines Fan

http://profootballta...e-with-vikings/

Edit: Per roto, Bills acquired QB Matt Cassel and a 2015 sixth-round pick from the Vikings in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick and 2016 seventh-round pick.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Well crap. That just leaves us with train wreck Ponder behind Teddy now. Hopefully we can find a better backup QB than that.

I'm a little surprised and disappointed by this too. I don't even consider Ponder as a viable backup. I really liked the idea of having Cassel back there just in case. You really couldn't ask for a better backup to a young starter like Teddy. And what kind of lame picks are we getting in return? I just don't understand this move.

$$$ I'm guessing

I don't think so. Assuming AP is gone, the Vikings will have a ton of cap space, and at what he was making (4.75 million maybe?) Cassel was a well paid backup that didn't break the bank. The Vikes are going to be in a deep, deep hole if Teddy gets hurt this year and all we have left is Ponder.

I don't think so. Assuming AP is gone, the Vikings will have a ton of cap space, and at what he was making (4.75 million maybe?) Cassel was a well paid backup that didn't break the bank. The Vikes are going to be in a deep, deep hole if Teddy gets hurt this year and all we have left is Ponder.

hmm..fair enough. Fwiw there's a lot of teams that are in deep honda if their qb goes down . most actually

hmm..fair enough. Fwiw there's a lot of teams that are in deep honda if their qb goes down . most actually

The better the QB the deeper the poop too. Especially the big name guys like Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees.

I'm starting to wonder, what's the over/under for total number of informal trades being reported, with almost a week left before they can be officially announced. McCoy and now Cassel makes 2 in just a couple of days.

A few rumours that the Bills are also going to sign Locker and let them battle it out in camp.

I've been rooting for Locker since he was drafted. Would love to see him get another shot. He has the most upside of any of the FA QB's in my opinion.

The better the QB the deeper the poop too. Especially the big name guys like Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees.

Uh, how could you forget to mention Romo in that list!