[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets

Shorttynaz

LOL - someone in the comments on ESPN said:

"Geno Smith was so happy at this news he threw Marshall a welcome party.

But it was intercepted and returned for a TD."

LMAO!

LOL - someone in the comments on ESPN said:

"Geno Smith was so happy at this news he threw Marshall a welcome party.

But it was intercepted and returned for a TD."

:rofl:

J-E-T-S

Suck

Suck

Suck!

:moon:

Seriously thought, I can't wait to find out what Chicago got for him and what (if any) reaction Cutler has. Harvin going to be FA now.

Rumored to be a 5th round pick, per the Score in Chicago.

Edit: 5th round pick, per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3653/brandon-marshall

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Rumored to be a 5th round pick, per the Score in Chicago.

Wow that seems to be incredibly low, why didn't the Browns make an offer. (Silly me, trades are not allowed yet, but they can apparently be made anyway. When will the NFL change their dates, punish teams for tampering [making these trades in principle before they are allowed to] or otherwise end this charade of what is allowed vs. what really goes on.)

Sorry, just seems like this is 4-5 trades already that are known, when they cannot be allowed to be final. For this much to leak out they must have some sort of agreement in place already.

Poor Brandon. Gonna have a very subpar year imho. 65, 750, and 4 sounds about right. Might pick him up in the 6 or 7 round range.

:blink: You think he'll do worse than what Eric Decker did last year (74/962/5)? I find that hard to believe. He's infinitely more talented, will have Harvin (and Decker) to keep defenses honest, and Smith's a year older (and hopefully better).

Sure, would much rather have him connected with Cutler as a Marshall owner, but those numbers sound pretty harsh. I'd say he duplicates Decker's numbers as a floor, and 85/1100/7 as a more realistic projection.

Chicago sports talk radio is already speculating that the Jets traded for Marshall because they were going to jettison Harvin, who was a Rex Ryan acquisition.

Percy Harvin and Brandon Marshall.. Too bad they still don't have a competent QB to get either of them the ball..

Harvin is gone, they will hold onto Decker and Marshall and let Harvin and his 10 miliion dollar contract walk. Plus they only have to give the Seahawks a 6th round pick now.

The sports talking heads in Chicago are celebrating:

http://www.chicagotr...306-column.html

http://chicago.cbslo...t-of-no-return/

Interesting - I understand why they wanted to trade him, I just think they could have squeezed a little more out of that deal than a 5th rounder. :unsure: I guess it's similar to the Harvin deal, where the team just wanted him gone more than anything else.

From the NYJ blog on ESPN:

Adios, Percy. Once Marshall passes his physical to complete the trade, the Jets will likely release Harvin, whom former general manager John Idzik hailed as a "potential coup" when he traded for him last October. To complete that deal, they would send a sixth-round pick to Seattle, where Harvin disrupted team chemistry. That pick would escalate to a fourth-rounder if he's on the Jets' roster on March 19, but that seems far-fetched.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/49605/brandon-marshall-trade-a-worthwhile-risk-for-jets

As it currently stands, the Jets look like the team with the biggest delta between how good the WR are and how bad the QB is. But in the end, the QB is everything. Marshall ain't going to throw himself a pass (though he would delight at the thought no doubt).

:blink: You think he'll do worse than what Eric Decker did last year (74/962/5)? I find that hard to believe. He's infinitely more talented, will have Harvin (and Decker) to keep defenses honest, and Smith's a year older (and hopefully better).

Sure, would much rather have him connected with Cutler as a Marshall owner, but those numbers sound pretty harsh. I'd say he duplicates Decker's numbers as a floor, and 85/1100/7 as a more realistic projection.

I suppose I was a bit low, Decker numbers from last year seems a bit high for Marshall. Decker was essentially the only decent WR and now that there are two mouths to feed with a bad qb, well I just dont see very good numbers for either one now.

The Jets have not ranked better than 29th in completions, pass yards or pass TDs for the last three years. Marshall can certainly help those stats but I bet not all that much.