[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

other random 2015 NFL player movement

stevegrab

Ok then.

:rolleyes:

Sorry I haven't read the police report. All I have read is that it was a domestic dispute. No further details. Excuse me if you were the arresting officer and know all the details. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry I haven't read the police report. All I have read is that it was a domestic dispute. No further details. Excuse me if you were the arresting officer and know all the details. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Listen, you want to grandstand on the NFL's hondaty handling of domestic abuse cases, Go for it. I'm all for rubbing the NFL's face in mud for how they've handled TMZ publicized cases and the stupid commissioners exempt list crap. However, the quoted statement makes it sound like you are speaking from a position of ignorance. He was convicted (one of many links), and then upon appeal it was dismissed due to essentially the victim no longer cooperating. You could argue that since there was a conviction that was later overturned on something out of the justice departments hands, that the NFL could (and possibly even should) look to formally punish the player.

why don't you explain to us what he did? Or I should say, why don't you tell us what ESPN says he did?

:fishy::shrug:

There is an interesting post on another board that questions the whole thing, you know..there is 2 sides to every story and all. But I'm too dumb to be able to c+p it with my phone and too lazy to fire up the laptop at the moment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own truth. This guy was convicted by a judge after beating this woman, throwing her onto a couch littered with guns, and threatening to kill her. Carolina seems to have a quirky judicial system where they get to have a do-over trial by jury and she reached a financial settlement with Hardy and so refused to testify.

Not sure why the Cowboys brought this into their already fragile emotional house - it's going to be an issue all season, just like the d-bag Rodriguez and the Yankees.

actually I misquoted him I guess. I asked why it was a mistake to bring Hardy into the " emotionally fragile locker room". Still waiting for an answer there

Maybe he thinks the Cowboys locker room is like a bunch fo cowboyz1 posters handing around lamenting what could have been if they would have retained Murray.

• Like 1

care to elaborate on this?

OK here's my thinking: the Cowboys do not have strong leaders on their team. When controversy happens it's not clear who rallies the troops. I don't think it's Romo - he's never been a strong leadership presence and has had confidence issues of his own.

Jerrah is a narcissist, is very sensitive to public opinion, and projects himself into the locker room. Maybe you say it's Garrett but he seems pretty hen pecked by now. Dez is emotionally fragile - outbursts on the sidelines and under alot of medianpressure from his personal life, fairly or unfairly.

So it starts with something like negative publicity, then the Dallas Mayor says he disapproves and the next thing you know someone's picking at the scab all season. I would contrast this with the Patriots, or maybe the Giants or Pittsburgh, as examples of teams with strong leadership structures that will kick people in the nuts and tell players how things are going to go.

Now, obviously I have no first hand info on the state of the locker room but I can see players taking sides on this and that causing problems.

• 2 weeks later...