[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles try out Tebow

I've never understood the Tebow hate. He went 7-4 as a starter in 2011. His play wasn't pretty, but it kept games close. His scrambling ran defenses ragged and he seemed to get stronger as games progressed. With a solid defense and run game, his style of play was successful.

I think he fits Kelly's uptempo spread offense well. I wouldn't start the year out with him as the plan at quarterback, but I wouldn't hesitate to switch to him instead of going to some chumpy back-up. He could be a valuable asset to the Eagles as a 3rd string quarterback.

You're right. I don't know HOW he did it, but he DID IT with the Broncos. Even as I watched it, I had no idea how he was doing it. Every play seemed to go in slow motion, but there he was, getting 4-6 yards a pop minimum with scrambles and designed runs off tackle. There he was, floating overend passes that hung for days and yet they were caught. No one can take that magical run away. I certainly remember, and no one else who watched can deny that it happened. People clown on Tebow, but no one expected him to go on that run, no one expected him to beat the Steelers first round, and it happened. It happened. Maybe some evangelical nutjobs expected it, but no one who had watched pro football saw it coming.

If anything, that magical run told me Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker were great receivers. Watching them catch those flailing ducks in the freakin' NFL was absurd. It happened, I saw it.

Edited by WildTurkey

I've never understood the Tebow hate. He went 7-4 as a starter in 2011. His play wasn't pretty, but it kept games close. His scrambling ran defenses ragged and he seemed to get stronger as games progressed. With a solid defense and run game, his style of play was successful.

I think he fits Kelly's uptempo spread offense well. I wouldn't start the year out with him as the plan at quarterback, but I wouldn't hesitate to switch to him instead of going to some chumpy back-up. He could be a valuable asset to the Eagles as a 3rd string quarterback.

It's a pretty basic problem with him. He can't throw the football. Most decent QBs nowadays can throw a football. It's kind of essential to winning in the NFL. You know, passing and all.

Sure he was 7-4 and a few of those wins were somewhere between dumb luck and divine intervention. Looks at his number, look at his passes. I've seen HS (that means High School, Steve) kids with better touch and accuracy. Sad.

Listened to Steve Smith on NFL radio the other day and he said he would flat out refuse to play with him because he can't throw ball.

It's a pretty basic problem with him. He can't throw the football. Most decent QBs nowadays can throw a football. It's kind of essential to winning in the NFL. You know, passing and all.

Sure he was 7-4 and a few of those wins were somewhere between dumb luck and divine intervention. Looks at his number, look at his passes. I've seen HS (that means High School, Steve) kids with better touch and accuracy. Sad.

Listened to Steve Smith on NFL radio the other day and he said he would flat out refuse to play with him because he can't throw ball.

This, and when the Broncos (not Tebow single handidly) did win those games miraculously it was all about Tebow. He fired up the defense to play harder, he fired up the receivers to catch his horrible passes. Heck I think he even fired up the Bears RB (Benson?) to fumble a couple of times and hand them that one game. Since he was so obviously lacking in basic QB skills (passing, reading defense, etc) it was a complete joke how he was given so much credit for the teams success.

• 1 month later...

I was listening to the Denver radio heads today. I don't understand why some of them are so against him getting another shot. What's the harm in letting a guy come in and see if he can improve your team depth? He apparently never stopped working on his craft.

• Like 1

I was listening to the Denver radio heads today. I don't understand why some of them are so against him getting another shot. What's the harm in letting a guy come in and see if he can improve your team depth? He apparently never stopped working on his craft.

probably because some people think he gets chances because of everything around him and not because of his talent.

I have no issue with him getting a chance but based on what I have seen from him talent-wise, I'm not sure he deserves one.

probably because some people think he gets chances because of everything around him and not because of his talent.

I have no issue with him getting a chance but based on what I have seen from him talent-wise, I'm not sure he deserves one.

There are plenty of guys with less talent and a lesser resume that get chances to make a team in camp. What does it take to "deserve" a chance to go to a camp and show what you have?

• Like 1

The Denver folk are just angry that Manning brought them just as many superbowls as Tebow did.

• Like 3

Actually if the rule changes like they say it will on extra points it could be a stroke of genius. Kelly loves to steal points and if the LOS changes to the one and a half, Tebow could lead the league in 2 point conversions. Not that he will play much more than in those situations, but at a small cost, it might be worth it.

This, and when the Broncos (not Tebow single handidly) did win those games miraculously it was all about Tebow. He fired up the defense to play harder, he fired up the receivers to catch his horrible passes. Heck I think he even fired up the Bears RB (Benson?) to fumble a couple of times and hand them that one game. Since he was so obviously lacking in basic QB skills (passing, reading defense, etc) it was a complete joke how he was given so much credit for the teams success.

Marion Barber was the RB and I don't know how I can remember it.