[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson signs with the Raiders

Shorttynaz

Befuddling. If it wasn't the Raiders I wouldn't believe it. How do you sign a guy that with holes to run though dances and ends up going for 2 yards and a pile of smoke, if that. Now you sign the guy that has proven on two teams now, one with an Elite QB, he has no business being an NFL RB. I just don't get it. They could draft a guy in the last round that hits the hole better. The Raiders are a mess and to spend cap money on Trich is like taking $100 bills, rolling them up real tight and shoving them up your bung hole hoping nobody will notice. They truly have money coming out of the wazzu to through it away like that. Unreal.

Befuddling. If it wasn't the Raiders I wouldn't believe it. How do you sign a guy that with holes to run though dances and ends up going for 2 yards and a pile of smoke, if that. Now you sign the guy that has proven on two teams now, one with an Elite QB, he has no business being an NFL RB. I just don't get it. They could draft a guy in the last round that hits the hole better. The Raiders are a mess and to spend cap money on Trich is like taking $100 bills, rolling them up real tight and shoving them up your bung hole hoping nobody will notice. They truly have money coming out of the wazzu to through it away like that. Unreal.

just be thankful the idiots in Oakland got to him before Jerry could team him up with McFadden

It's worth a whopping $3.9M with another $4.1Mavailable through incentives. Incentives??? What incentives could he possibly accumulate as a pure b/u, depth signing. That's not a contract you make to just cut him before the season starts. Good lord they are dumb and now we have "Trench" cutting into Murrays potential breakout season.

It's worth a whopping $3.9M with another $4.1Mavailable through incentives. Incentives??? What incentives could he possibly accumulate as a pure b/u, depth signing. That's not a contract you make to just cut him before the season starts. Good lord they are dumb and now we have "Trench" cutting into Murrays potential breakout season.

According to this there was no signing bonus and no gauranteed money. So they could cut him immediately with no penalty. Not sure if it is accurate and if the full details are really available. May be too early to judge what the Raiders are doing and why.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/trent-richardson/

According to this there was no signing bonus and no gauranteed money. So they could cut him immediately with no penalty. Not sure if it is accurate and if the full details are really available. May be too early to judge what the Raiders are doing and why.

http://www.spotrac.c...ent-richardson/

Because if it's free, why not? If he plods out 2.6 YPC in pre-season you cut him and move on. But it's worth the price to check and see if maybe, just maybe, there's actually something there.

As Lloyd Christmas says "so you're telling me there's a chance????"

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/trent-richardson/

Signing a guy with a career 2.5 ypc to a 2 yr deal with incentives to that amount does not scream flier to me. One of the most bizarre, head scratching signings in recent memory.