[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 Huddle NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

Atlanta desperately needs to get pressure on opposing QBs. Was going to go Vic Beasley, but he got snagged, so I went with the next edge rusher with plus athleticism.

Sorry for the delay. Was looking at the round 2 list and waiting for the Giants and Rams to pick.

Edited by BA Baracus

ShaDynasty I'd probably had put some stipulations in like if he started 8 games as a rook or won some rookie awards the 3rd and 4th next year would become a 2nd and 3rd, or ya know, something cool like that with the fake picks LOL. But yeah we prob would've dealt.

Shorty and RC94 are up to pick for the Giants...

Lol touché. I often forget about stipulations when making fake trades and even real trades. Love stipulations cuz it caps downside usually and allows for upside. Probably would have tried to counter that only one of the pics could be upgraded but nice touch on the stipulation!

Sorry for the delay. Was looking at the round 2 list and waiting for the Giants and Rams to pick.

My delay in picking was due to the fact that the Round 1 thread wasn't being updated, and I had no idea I was on the clock. Is it possible to update the OP more frequently so drafters don't have to toggle through the whole thread to see if they are on the clock, and figure out who has already been drafted?

My delay in picking was due to the fact that the Round 1 thread wasn't being updated, and I had no idea I was on the clock. Is it possible to update the OP more frequently so drafters don't have to toggle through the whole thread to see if they are on the clock, and figure out who has already been drafted?

Sorry doing the best I can. Been a little busy with this 11 month old. I've been trying to keep the selections thread updated.

Sorry doing the best I can. Been a little busy with this 11 month old. I've been trying to keep the selections thread updated.

I get that. I guess I was more wondering if multiple people can have the ability to update the post somehow, or if its limited to just the person how made the original post. Or if we could next year maybe copy the OP into our post, and update it ourselves when we make a pick? Not a big deal, though. Mostly my own bad for being lazy and stupid.

Thanks for running this :tup:

I get that. I guess I was more wondering if multiple people can have the ability to update the post somehow, or if its limited to just the person how made the original post. Or if we could next year maybe copy the OP into our post, and update it ourselves when we make a pick? Not a big deal, though. Mostly my own bad for being lazy and stupid.

Thanks for running this :tup:

Yup, NP. Unfortunately, the only people who can update my OP other than me are the board moderators.

Since the draft order is posted, I've just been looking at the most recent selections to see where we're at. May get tricker as we get later in the draft, but it works OK for now.

Turbo if we could make trades I would have with Philly and big balls chip and would have offered the 20th, our 2nd, next years 3rd and 4th to take Mariota. Would we have a deal?

No, because I would have made him a better offer.

Not a need and I don't see this happening in the real draft, but if Mariota falls to 1.09, the NYG should either take him or trade. IIRC Eli's contract is up soon and he is already taking up a huge amount of cap space and isn't young anymore so a long term successor makes sense. Nassib has some upside, but I wouldn't pass on Mariota here.

Surprise pick at 9 swiped Mariota right out from under the Rams, who I think will strongly consider Mariota at 10 if he's available, if not trade up for him if he slips past the Jets at 6. Need a face to the franchise and I think who better to take to Los Angeles to start a new fan base than the flashy West Coast kid Marcus Mariota.

But even if the QB was available, I think you gotta go White here. Many consider him the top WR in this class and the Rams could use a real no.1 option in that offense. Foles needs targets and the Rams are actually pretty deep at most other positions. Big outside weapon fills a need and is the best value left on the board at the end of the top 10.

The risk is there. But the talent is too. The Vikings couldn't let Gregory fall any farther. Zimmer will put him in situations to be successful. Would have gone CB here if he was gone. I think getting him improves your CB play with the pressure he can bring.

flemingd is up for the Browns...

Edited by irish

Some will say WR is deep and the pick should be somewhere else, but Parker is where the tier drops off and all the guys that will be available at 19 have risks of some kind. This franchise has whiffed at WR for too many year now, and Parker settles that. If Gordon ever comes back it's a great combo to pack and if not Parker can be a legit WR1.

Ajhanak2 is on the clock for the saints. ..

Irish, since there is no trading we can at least discuss it.

If the Cowboys covet Gurley and plan to go and get him, I think they will have to move up to 16. That will take the Cowboys 27th and 60th plus a 4th or 5th round pick. I don't think they should give up their second as they will give up two starters for one. The only other guy I see them going up for is maybe Peters the CB. IF they don't move up to grab the RB then I believe they move back somewhere to the end of the 1st round for an additional 4th. They won't go out of the first due to the 5th year option but I can see them trading back then going back up to get someone while not losing anything in the process. Gurley is the only wildcard IMO. What say you.

Ajhanak2 is on the clock for the saints. ..

Fingers crossed, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to find another owner - AJ only has 3 posts and hasn't logged on since the 4th.

I am also ajhank2...

Excellent. I like the pick too, Waynes at 1.13 is a pretty solid value.

Looks like dolphin_akie and the fins are up now.

Edited by bud29