[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 Huddle NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

The Colts and Captain Hook are on the clock.

Agree. You can draft a starting RB in the 3rd this year.

Not Todd Gurley. We get Gurley that's a dream come true.

Don't need Gurley. Need a defensive starter in the 1st. Dallas will score lots of pts without Todd Gurley

I did debate grabbing a DT, LBer or Corner but Gurley is special imo.

Of course he's special. Just not at the top of the need list for this team right now IMO

See, we'll have to agree to disagree there. A special player ALWAYS outranks taking need for me. You can fill a need elsewhere. Look what we did with that d line last year.

Of course he's special. Just not at the top of the need list for this team right now IMO

Ok look at it this way. There are a couple of possible picks at 27. DT, Corner, LB and RB. I broke it down like this.

If we don't pick Gurley then who? Who is as safe a starter at that pick regardless of position? Meaning, the top LB, CB,SS, DT are off the board already. There is not a sure fire starter equal to Gurley at any position of need that I could justify taking with this pick. Gurley is a 1st round pick running back that will carry the position for years. I just couldn't see any other pick that I felt that confident in would be a starter for years to come.

This pick does two things.

It all but guarantee's the offense will be as balanced as last year.

It relieves the pressure of not having a starting RB on the roster.

It relieves the pressure of making a bust pick at 27.

The rest of the draft can now focus on defense which is deep also in this draft.

See, we'll have to agree to disagree there. A special player ALWAYS outranks taking need for me. You can fill a need elsewhere. Look what we did with that d line last year.

He better be able to pass protect. As we all know..there's more to playing RB in the NFL than being special with th ball in your hands Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

He better be able to pass protect. As we all know..there's more to playing RB in the NFL than being special with th ball in your hands

Gurley is a very capable pass protector. He's a very special player, complete all the way around. he's a bell cow back who doesn't have to come off the field. He can pick up the tough yards between the tackles, break free into open space and outrun defenders. He's a very smart back who is aware of the defense and game situations. He will be elite and the only question mark is him returning to fill strength from the torn ACL. The only other issues are minor, he's a bit of a body catcher and his pad level is inconsistent leaving him open to bigger and extra hits.

See, we'll have to agree to disagree there. A special player ALWAYS outranks taking need for me. You can fill a need elsewhere.

I would agree with you on basically every position except RB. Short shelf life and an abundance of high level replacement options results in an overall devaluation of the position.

I think Shortty is picking for the Colts, not hook....CH said this on the other thread:

I got volunteered for the Colts, but I don't have time to do this. Sorry guys.

I think Shortty is picking for the Colts, not hook....CH said this on the other thread:

Good call, I must've gone with an original list.

All you shorty.

With Kenny Stills gone, New Orleans fills another big need, WR, with Jaelen Strong, Arizona State. New Orleans now turns it attention to other areas.

Strong at 1.31 is a great value...He and Cooks would be a pretty exciting young WR duo.

• Like 1

With Kenny Stills gone, New Orleans fills another big need, WR, with Jaelen Strong, Arizona State. New Orleans now turns it attention to other areas.

I like that pick. He was in the mix for the Ravens a few picks back.

Pick also made because Colston is no longer a field stretching WR. Colston is more of a red zone threat/possession WR now. Favoring Defense but with no rated DL/LBs worth a First Round pick left, decided to fill other major need at WR.

With the 32 pick New England Patriots select Dorial-Green Beckham, WR

This is probably closer to fan fiction than reality, but the fan in me desperately want a big physical Randy Moss like presence on the outside. In reality the Patriots would in all likelihood pass on spam and even if they drafted him history tells us he would not pan out since the Patriots are unable to develop their own receivers.

We are into round 2 and bud29 is up for the Titans...