[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hardy suspended 10 games

ajh2

I'm guessing the NFL inflated the suspension knowing full well the players union will appeal and cut it down to 5-6 games.

where does it say in the NFLs domestic violence policy that he should get 10 games for this. Not to mention the charges were dropped. Goodells a piece of work :lol: Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

As long as we continue our solid play and are in a position to make the playoffs this isnt too heartbreaking. Longer than expected but we can work around it.

I'm guessing the NFL inflated the suspension knowing full well the players union will appeal and cut it down to 5-6 games. At least that's what I'm hoping for as a Hardy owner in 2 leagues :kicksrock:

+1

Hoping. :unsure:

where does it say in the NFLs domestic violence policy that he should get 10 games for this. Not to mention the charges were dropped. Goodells a piece of work :lol:

Seriously, charges were dropped!! NFL and Baddell are now judge, jury and executioner.

The guy obviously did something wrong but that's just dumb.

I guess I am the only one that doesn't have an issue with the suspension here. He was clearly VERY VERY wrong. It's well known that he appealed his case, and then paid the girl off so that she would not testify against him. He found a way around the justice system using his money. He deserves to be penalized by some means. He is not a good guy. He is not someone to root for. He is a punk thug that got away with it. Keep the big picture in mind.

• Like 3

have you done any research on this, or just going off what you saw on sports center? Just asking..

Common sense. What are you going off of? blind loyalty? just asking.

• Like 1

Common sense. What are you going off of? blind loyalty? just asking.

I have no loyalty to greg hardy. But when he was visiting Dallas before he signed I read up on the story. I'd suggest if your interested you should too. Or you can just believe what you read on the the Bottom line on ESPN. Doesn't make much difference to me

I have no loyalty to greg hardy. But when he was visiting Dallas before he signed I read up on the story. I'd suggest if your interested you should too. Or you can just believe what you read on the the Bottom line on ESPN. Doesn't make much difference to me

I read the testimony from the victim. Here is the part I found interesting:

The accuser had testified on July 15 that she was scared of Hardy and worried about her safety if she went to police.

She also testified that Hardy threw her in the bathroom and later on to a futon filled with guns. She also said he placed his hands on her throat and threatened to kill her.

"He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me," the woman testified on July 15. "I was so scared I wanted to die.

When he loosened his grip slightly, I said just, 'Do it. Kill me.'

He then paid her off and she went into hiding so he could not be prosecuted. This wasn't on ESPN, but on CNN.com, the AP, and all the reporting networks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469450/article/panthers-greg-hardy-has-domestic-violence-charges-dismissed

Where did you get your info from?

• Like 1

Official NFL statement...ya know, in case you are interested in where they are getting their 10-games from, and what they used as reasoning for their punishment. I'll stick by my original post: dude should have a cattle prod stuck up his ass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487506/article/league-statement-on-greg-hardys-suspension

Off the top of my head, I read that the woman's best friend testified in court that the woman said she was going to get back at Hardy somehow because he asked her to move out, this was before the incident. Also that the woman tried to run from the police when they showed up. I also listened to the 911 call from the night of the incident that HARDY MADE, not her. Also the way I understand NC law, he was tried by a judge and when found guilty had the option of having a jury trial, so its not really an appeal of the previous ruling, its how it works there. I also read that the defense is not allowed to present its case in the judge trial. They basically sit there and watch. I also read that when the woman dropped the charges, the DA had the option of trying Hardy anyway and chose not to due to lack of evidence

Off the top of my head, I read that the woman's best friend testified in court that the woman said she was going to get back at Hardy somehow because he asked her to move out, this was before the incident. Also that the woman tried to run from the police when they showed up. I also listened to the 911 call from the night of the incident that HARDY MADE, not her. Also the way I understand NC law, he was tried by a judge and when found guilty had the option of having a jury trial, so its not really an appeal of the previous ruling, its how it works there. I also read that the defense is not allowed to present its case in the judge trial. They basically sit there and watch. I also read that when the woman dropped the charges, the DA had the option of trying Hardy anyway and chose not to due to lack of evidence

pshttt

don't try and use logic or present the facts or the case. Duh. Here on the Huddle he was tried and found guilty.

Besides, a woman would NEVER falsely accuse a man to get back at him. Especially when he was a wealthy pro athlete. Nope, has never ever ever happened. Not even once

But on the plus side. Whatever he paid her off with has apparently soothed the trauma she experienced enough that she does not need him to be held accountable for her accusations.

pshttt

don't try and use logic or present the facts or the case. Duh. Here on the Huddle he was tried and found guilty.

Besides, a woman would NEVER falsely accuse a man to get back at him. Especially when he was a wealthy pro athlete. Nope, has never ever ever happened. Not even once

But on the plus side. Whatever he paid her off with has apparently soothed the trauma she experienced enough that she does not need him to be held accountable for her accusations.

my bad

I guess I am the only one that doesn't have an issue with the suspension here. He was clearly VERY VERY wrong. It's well known that he appealed his case, and then paid the girl off so that she would not testify against him. He found a way around the justice system using his money. He deserves to be penalized by some means. He is not a good guy. He is not someone to root for. He is a punk thug that got away with it. Keep the big picture in mind.

Don't bother the Goodell pitchfork mob, anytime they feel he's being unfair they're ready to go after him without bothering to get any facts.

I also read on another forum that the NFL investigation found there were 4 separate instances of domestic violence involving Greg Hardy. Just because he wasn't found guilty by the courts (or his conviction was overturned after he bought of the accuser so they wouldn't testify) doesn't mean his employer cannot punish him. Anybody remember Roethlisberger getting suspened, and he wasn't convicted either.

Heck Ray Rice got off with little punishment in his case, but I guess the video convinced everybody he was evil and justified the lengthy suspension. (I even recall many here ripping the NFL for not being harsher to start with, since we all saw the video of him dragging her out of the elevator.)

Don't bother the Goodell pitchfork mob, anytime they feel he's being unfair they're ready to go after him without bothering to get any facts.

I also read on another forum that the NFL investigation found there were 4 separate instances of domestic violence involving Greg Hardy. Just because he wasn't found guilty by the courts (or his conviction was overturned after he bought of the accuser so they wouldn't testify) doesn't mean his employer cannot punish him. Anybody remember Roethlisberger getting suspened, and he wasn't convicted either.

Heck Ray Rice got off with little punishment in his case, but I guess the video convinced everybody he was evil and justified the lengthy suspension. (I even recall many here ripping the NFL for not being harsher to start with, since we all saw the video of him dragging her out of the elevator.)

Nice point. Rice and the serial rapist got off with less punishment than Hardy

Nice point. Rice and the serial rapist got off with less punishment than Hardy

Don't bother the Goodell apologist mob, anytime they feel he's being unfairly criticized they're ready to go after you without bothering to listen to any additional facts that were not produced by ESPN or the NFL Network.