[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession

bud29

I just watched a special on this guy and he was talking about how upset he was when they told him he was exempt from the combine due to injury. All he wanted to do was show what he could do, I guess he has shown what people should expect from him.

I wouldn't risk a 1st on him, but I'd gamble away a 2nd that I could steal his top-10 talent. Safe to assume he's been puffing the pipe for years, and it certainly isn't affecting his play. Or maybe it is, and he's even better than his current levels.

Either way, I'd take a flyer :shrug:

Like somebody said on another story about this, "if you're driving around carrying pot, obey the traffic laws". I did hear he was charged with the rare offense "driving in the left lane of the higway for no reason (not passing, etc.)." Basically he wasn't following the "keep right except to pass signs" and playing left lane hog. But the PFT article says he was pulled over for speeding, and then cops smelt the unburned pot in the car.

No doubt somebody will take a flyer, talent always trumps any problem.

I did hear he was charged with the rare offense "driving in the left lane of the higway for no reason (not passing, etc.)." Basically he wasn't following the "keep right except to pass signs" and playing left lane hog.

Cops need to do this more often. I can't stand the damn left lane slugs.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say talent always trumps any problem stevegrab. Hopefully however my packers will take him if he slips tho. Not our usual mo but I'm thinking management doesn't believe pot is a big deal since we bough letroy guion back even after he got pulled over with 12+ lbs of ganja. *fingers crossed*

Cops need to do this more often. I can't stand the damn left lane slugs.

Most states have laws to regulate it, but most cops don't do much to enforce it. I got a ticket for following to close behind a left lane hog going under the speed limit most of the time, and said something to the cop (politely) and he just said "yep".

Ohio was trying to pass stricter laws, but they would have been unenforceable since the cops would need to be able to measure all sorts of things and decide if the car should have moved out of the left lane.

I hate the left lane slugs too, some just don't pay attention, others are actively being pricks. It used to be worse here in Ohio on the toll road before it was expanded to 3 lanes, then the speeds went up. Luckily I don't commute on the freeways, I think I'd have gone ballistic by now.

There is one state in the midwest, maybe OK, KS, or NE, I can't remember, but the way they wrote the law was that if you are not passing the traffic in the adjacent lane on a multi-lane highway, you can be ticketed for illegally traveling in the left-most lane. The speed doesn't matter, only whether or not you are passing the other cars. There are exceptions for obvious situations like lane closures. It is simply written so that it can be easily enforced. I wish that we would pass something like that here in VA.

There is one state in the midwest, maybe OK, KS, or NE, I can't remember, but the way they wrote the law was that if you are not passing the traffic in the adjacent lane on a multi-lane highway, you can be ticketed for illegally traveling in the left-most lane. The speed doesn't matter, only whether or not you are passing the other cars. There are exceptions for obvious situations like lane closures. It is simply written so that it can be easily enforced. I wish that we would pass something like that here in VA.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

KS, plus IL, KY, LA, ME, MA, NJ have that

That is pretty much what the law was they were proposing in Ohio, and I don't agree that it is easily enforced. Here is an article about it

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2015/03/lane_hogs_beware_ohio_lawmaker.html

And one with the part about it being unenforceable

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2015/03/heres_why_ohio_lawmakers_scrap.html#two

And a couple other interesting links I turned up searching for info

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

http://jalopnik.com/5501615/left-lane-passing-laws-a-state-by-state-map