[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dion Jordan suspended for 1 year

bud29

When I heard about the trade I was excited cos' I assumed at #3 we wanted Lane Johnson with Joeckel and Fisher off the board, was pissed when I heard we'd taken Jordan.

Me too and I am not even a Miami Dolphins fan, but I had Johnson pegged as the number three pick in my local draft competition.

Me too and I am not even a Miami Dolphins fan, but I had Johnson pegged as the number three pick in my local draft competition.

After riding ourselves of most of the big free agents from 2013, Dion Jordan is pretty much the last remaining player from Jeff Irelands legacy.

After riding ourselves of most of the big free agents from 2013, Dion Jordan is pretty much the last remaining player from Jeff Irelands legacy.

I've said it before - but Ireland's first-few-round picks were absolute hackjobs, but the guy always found mid-to-late round talent. Weird.

I've said it before - but Ireland's first-few-round picks were absolute hackjobs, but the guy always found mid-to-late round talent. Weird.

Yeah he certainly hit on some great guys like Olivier Vernon and Charles Clay. The Dolphins have always been a bit obsessed with the pass rush because we face Brady twice a year so this was Ireland's desperation move to try to assemble an elite DE partnership with Wake.

I dunno about that. Jordan is one of his most talented ex-players. If anyone could have extracted that talent you'd think it would be Kelly. :shrug:

If he couldn't convince the guy to straighten up and stop getting into trouble before leaving Oregon (I'm assuming he wasn't squeaky clean in college) with millions on the line in the NFL, how would that change now?

• 2 weeks later...

It's my impression that he focused on the early rounds - and blew them - and the scouting staff were the ones good at finding late round talent. He deserves no praise.