[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

La'el Collins

bud29

By all accounts, Collins did nothing wrong. It was not his child. He is not a suspect in any way in the death of an ex-girlfriend. But how many millions of dollars did he just lose from being the wrong place at the wrong time? I feel sorry for the guy,

Jerry Strikes again. WOW what a move. This is a ridiculous draft now. La'el Collins 3 years guaranteed to make this line the best for years to come.

Tremendous deal! What an incredible move. We got basically the best lineman in the draft as a fa.

By all accounts, Collins did nothing wrong. It was not his child. He is not a suspect in any way in the death of an ex-girlfriend. But how many millions of dollars did he just lose from being the wrong place at the wrong time? I feel sorry for the guy,

You can't feel sorry for him, he's a Dallas Cowboy!

He got to sign with the team of his choosing and will make up whatever he "lost" in short order. It sucks for him that he missed out on the draft, but that's about all I would feel sorry for him about.

He got to sign with the team of his choosing and will make up whatever he "lost" in short order. It sucks for him that he missed out on the draft, but that's about all I would feel sorry for him about.

Agreed. Living pretty close to home is another bonus. Huge signing.

fwiw only 1.65 mil according to rotoworld :shrug:

Drop in the bucket and, as someone earlier eluded to, Ole Jerrah is probably already making that right by other means. You can't tell me he just jumped on the first opportunity he got without even taking a glance at other offers unless something else persuaded him. That would just be dumb on his part.

Sounds like he really wanted to be a Cowboy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491714/article/lael-collins-i-wanted-to-be-a-dallas-cowboy

According to a story linked in that one covering the signing

"Former LSU tackle La'el Collins signed a three-year deal, per Rapoport, who added the deal is worth a fully guaranteed $1.7 million, an unprecedented number for a player who was not selected in the draft and the max that Collins could have been offered."

So fully guaranteed, and the max he could be offered, from a team he wanted to play for (who is pretty good now, and gets plenty of attention even when they aren't).

Assuming his agent knew this was the max he could offer, not sure why he wouldn't jump once he has that max offer, and from his preferred team.

You can't tell me he just jumped on the first opportunity he got without even taking a glance at other offers unless something else persuaded him. That would just be dumb on his part.

He said that his agents and himself got offers from all 32 teams and looked every one of them over...he just wanted to be a Cowboy.

I read something like this also. And according to stevegrab, this was the max he could be offered. I didn't know that

I didn't know that either, just read it and believed it. Could be total BS, but it does make sense. Every team could have made him an offer, but if there was a max, and he wanted to be a Cowboy seems like and easy decision.

I read something like this also. And according to stevegrab, this was the max he could be offered. I didn't know that

Not only the max but also gave him every last ounce of money signing bonus wise that they are able to give to UDFAs

He said that his agents and himself got offers from all 32 teams and looked every one of them over...he just wanted to be a Cowboy.

No Saints fan would ever say that. :lol:

I wouldn't put it past Jerry, but I can actually see him wanting to play there. Especially given he will get to play tackle in what is shaping up to be the best offensive line in football.

I'm other words; don't mind me, I'm just bitter.