[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeflateGate: The Well's Report

keggerz

Odd that he supposedly had under inflated footballs in the first half against Indy and properly inflated ones in the 2nd half and had much better stats in the 2nd half

Results don't matter. If you are speeding but we're still late for work and the man in the sky sends you a ticket you were still speeding.
  • Like 1

A Patriots apologist actually just said on NFL Network that he doesn't think Brady cheated, because if he had, he would have done it better. :rofl:

That's not nearly as great as Teddy Bruschi getting all worked up, "My friend, Tom Brady, would NEVER cheat." Bruschi sounds like that kid in high school who thinks he's best friends with the all star jock/prom king just because he let him cheat off his test in Algebra class.

• Like 2

That's not nearly as great as Teddy Bruschi getting all worked up, "My friend, Tom Brady, would NEVER cheat." Bruschi sounds like that kid in high school who thinks he's best friends with the all star jock/prom king just because he let him cheat off his test in Algebra class.

The whole organization will be parrotting that nonsense for weeks. "We've never cheated, even when we were caught, it was a conspiracy to tarnish our image".

Somebody on another forum even tried to say that this is bad for Brady, Kraft, BB and the Pats because it tarnishes the SB win, their leagcy and history. You really think they care, or that most Pats fans will care. They're still Gods in Boston/NE for winning all those Super Bowls. And the people within the organization are not likely to consider their image tarnished, just listen to them talk about how clean and virtuous they are. Or else they're fully aware they cheated, and it didn't stop them from winning those rings, so they're just laughing at everybody.

Edited by stevegrab

“I just get really worked up. To receive the harshest penalty in league history is just not fair. The anger and frustration with this process, to me, it wasn’t fair. If we’re giving all the power to the NFL and the office of the commissioner, this is something that can happen to all 32 teams. We need to have fair and balanced investigating and reporting. But in this report, every inference went against us … inferences from ambiguous, circumstantial evidence all went against us. That’s the thing that really bothers me.

“If they want to penalize us because there’s an aroma around this? That’s what this feels like. If you don’t have the so-called smoking gun, it really is frustrating. And they don’t have it. This thing never should have risen to this level.”

Where the truck has Kraft been for the last 5 or so years? Oh yeah, that's right, kissing Roger Goodell's ass...

“I think he has the full support of the membership with what his decision was, and he’s in the best position to speak to that,” Kraft said Monday at the annual league meeting. “I don’t have all the facts.”

TEAM

• Fined $500,000 and forfeiture of the Saints' second-round draft picks in 2012 and 2013.

MANAGEMENT

• General manager Mickey Loomis, suspended without pay for first eight regular-season games.

COACHES

• Coach Sean Payton suspended without pay for 2012 season, effective immediately which included all offseason preparations including free agency and the NFL Draft.

• Former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams suspended suspended without pay indefinitely.

• Assistant coach Joe Vitt suspended suspended without pay for first six regular-season games.

PLAYERS

• LB Jonathan Vilma, suspended without pay for 2012 season.

• DL Anthony Hargrove, suspended without pay for first eight regular-season games. Green Bay cut him as a result effectively ending his career.

• DE Will Smith, suspended without pay for first four regular-season games.

• LB Scott Fujita, suspended without pay for first three regular-season games.

TEAM

• Fined $1,000,000 and forfeiture of the Patriots' first and fourth-round draft picks in 2016.

MANAGEMENT

• Squat.

COACHES

• Squat.

PLAYERS

• QB Tom Brady, suspended without pay for first four regular-season games.

"Harshest penalty in league history..." GFY Kraft.

• Like 4

He must have taken lessons from Aaron Rodgers defending Ryan Braun.

Not sure if i'm following but Bruschi had a pretty good career.

Not sure if i'm following but Bruschi had a pretty good career.

Wasn't referring to anything having to do with his career. It's just nauseating hearing him fawn over Brady like he has a school-girl crush on him. "Brady would never cheat..." What, like Bruschi and/or Brady never got any gain from Spygate? Like his coach never cheated? Like he never took steroids? Bruschi was a very good player, but he's also one of the biggest hypocrites in sports media.

• Like 1

Back-door deal or guilty as charged?

My vote is both...

I could see a bit of both, I could also see the NFL owners talking some sense into him. He may be a powerful owner, but he is still just one of 32, and if the rest are against him he's screwed.

He made a decision he feels which is best for all parties involved (but especially the Pats, since that is his primary concern). Rather than drag it on longer, take your medicine and move on. They'd probably like Brady's (or NFLPA) appeal of the suspension to go away too, but may not be able to exert the pressure needed. Nobody really wants this dragging through the off season and into the regular season. "So here we are in Foxboro for the kickoff game, we're not sure yet if Tom Brady will play or not, as a 12th hour super appeal is being made in front of the US Supreme Court...."

"What’s become very clear over those two decades [is] that at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the full 32." -Robert Kraft

Right, said no innocent man ever. It's rare that you get a controversy that makes every single side look awful - Goodell, Kraft, and Brady.

How different would this have gone if Brady had just manned up from the get-go?

"What’s become very clear over those two decades [is] that at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the full 32." -Robert Kraft

Right, said no innocent man ever. It's rare that you get a controversy that makes every single side look awful - Goodell, Kraft, and Brady.

How different would this have gone if Brady had just manned up from the get-go?

Seriously. Had he just said "look, every QB likes the ball a different way. Our equipment guys know this.".... then this would have likely just resulted in the firing of a couple of buffoon equipment guys.

And that may have actually been the 100% truth.

The Patriots were warned about using unauthorized footballs in 2004. Then there was Spygate.

They have more than earned this. They continue to break the rules and be uncooperative.

What part of this don't you get?

• Like 2

Y'all know that Tom Brady isn't even close to being the only qb in the league chucking around a ball that doesn't fall in the accepted range...right?

Yep, but you apparently don't realize that is not the issue here, it is the MODIFYING THE BALLS AFTER THE REFS EXAMINED THEM. Every team can take the balls and let all the air out, hand them to the refs, the refs fix them and game on. No cheating, no breaking of the rules, no ball boy taking the bag of balls from the officials locker room into a closed bathroom to do who knows what. Not sure how you and others miss that and keep trotting out the "but everbody does it" argument.

Plus as CH mentions (I read that elsewhere) they were warned before, got caught with some other cheating, then were found to be still doing what they had been warned about. That's similar to the Saints bounty issue, we warned you, you continued to disobey, so we're dropping the hammer.

The Patriots were warned about using unauthorized footballs in 2004. Then there was Spygate.

They have more than earned this. They continue to break the rules and be uncooperative.

What part of this don't you get?

Don't forget about the illegal radio thing...