[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Tom Brady will be suspended

I'm sure youre right Rajn. This was all made up. The Patriots just happened to have a ball boy with a nickname "The Deflator".

The Patriots fired them for no reason.

The Patriots agreed to accept discipline.

Them when they found out what the discipline was, they decided they didn't actually do anything wrong.

Kraft and the Pats are still waiting for their apology for being accused of this, and they'll keep waiting. But they'll never admit they were wrong, better to keep fighting it since enough people hate the NFL (or love the Pats) that they'll have some support.

I agree these investigations are far from perfect, and would not stand up to proceedings in a court of law. But they don't have to meet that standard, and unless you can obtain stuff with a subpoena or warrant from those who won't cooperate its impossible to prove things.

I'm still waiting to see what action the Pats take to try and overturn the monetary fine and draft picks. Brady has the NFLPA to pursue his case, but the team pretty much has no recourse. Maybe he'll convince the owners he's innocent and they'll throw out Goodell and install a different puppet.

What a bunch of horse honda.

The Patriots want us to believe that a bizarre number of strange coincidences just happen to occur the day of and following the Colts allegations there might be some funny business going on with the footballs.

You lost that ability when you got busted for cheating the first time.

Edited by CaptainHook

What a bunch of horse honda.

The Patriots want us to believe that a bizarre number of strange coincidences just happen to occur the day the Colts allege there might be some funny business going on with the footballs.

You lost that ability when you got busted for cheating the first time.

I'm too lazy to read this zillion page report. Link me to some hard evidence against Tommy boy if there is any. And plz tell me if u think Rodgers should be suspended because h blatantly admitted that likes his footballs overinflated. Tia Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

McNally‟s responsibilities with the Patriots previously came under review by the NFL in connection with an incident involving game balls in 2004. According to a letter dated November 2, 2004, from then-NFL Director of Game Operations Peter Hadhazy and a memorandum dated October 25, 2004, from Richard Farley, the NFL Security Representative assigned to New England, that incident involved Patriots ball boys relaying supposed “approved” game balls that actually were non-approved practice balls to a game official during an October 25, 2004 regular season game. 44 In an obvious reference to McNally, the Farley memorandum and the Hadhazy letter describe “Jim McNulty” as the individual “in charge of game day footballs” for the Patriots. In relevant part, the Farley memorandum states: James McNulty, who is in charge of game day footballs and oversees ball boys for the Patriots, was interviewed concerning instant matter. Mr McNulty advised that he had no idea how Patriot‟s practice balls could have gotten into the hands of the game day sideline ball boys and or how they could have been handed to the referee by a ball boy for insertion into the game. He did note that there are approximately a dozen practice balls on the sideline at any given time during the game and it is probable that one of the ball boys accidentally picked up the practice balls during the game. He also noted that it was raining during the entire second half and “we were trying to keep a dry ball in the game at all times.” He concluded that during that process, practice ball could have accidentally found their way to the ball boy, and subsequently the paying [sic] field. The then-Equipment Manager of the Patriots described the incident as “just an honest mistake.” The Hadhazy letter stated, however, that “the Patriots have not provided a reasonable explanation for this incident,” and warned that disciplinary action against the Patriots could result if a similar incident occurred in the future because it could be interpreted as a competitive violation. Although included for background and completeness, this 2004 incident does not form any basis for the findings and conclusions set forth in this Report.

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

All the evidence has been spelled out in the Wells Report and talked about on ESPN. If you need a voice recording of Tommy Boy telling McNally to under inflate the footballs in order to believe it, you're outta luck.

if I'm not mistaken, Rodgers said in an interview recently that he has his game balls over the legal limit because that's how he likes them. Should he be suspended?

If they can find evidence he did so in a game, he should be fined. After all, it's only his first offense.

if I'm not mistaken, Rodgers said in an interview recently that he has his game balls over the legal limit because that's how he likes them. Should he be suspended?

It's not good but suspendable, probably not. Why? Because all he said was he likes them at or even over the limit...he said “‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” the onus is on the officials to catch that, doesn't make it right but if the officials are supposed to check and do then it shouldn't be an issue...however, if he said they tamper after the officials approved them, then yes, at that point he should be suspended. Based on what he did say, I'm sure he's gotten a letter or call from the NFL putting him on notice due to his comment.
  • Like 1

If you need a voice recording of Tommy Boy telling McNally to under inflate the footballs in order to believe it, you're outta luck.

Coincidentally, we will never have any specifcs of the Tommy and McNally conversations due to an institutional refusal to cooperate with the investigation.

But hey, no 'hand in the cookie jar' video evidence means nothing untoward could have happened right?

*puts head back in sand*

• Like 1

The Panthers & Vikings earlier in the year were both caught heating game balls on the sidelines, an obvious rule violationm but were both let off with just a warning.

Which is pretty much protocol as far as I can tell. Do something wrong the league sends a warning...do it again and you risk the hammer being dropped.
  • Like 1

Coincidentally, we will never have any specifcs of the Tommy and McNally conversations due to an institutional refusal to cooperate with the investigation.

But hey, no 'hand in the cookie jar' video evidence means nothing untoward could have happened right?

*puts head back in sand*

People can say that Brady has the right to not give up what's on his phone, and they'd be correct, but I find it hard to believe that if anyone else were in his shoes and actually did nothing wrong how you wouldn't want to do whatever possible to clear your name. Like it or not this will be attached to Tom's legacy for eternity. If you are one of the best if not best football player in the history of the game I can't fathom how you don't do what you can to prove without a shadow of doubt that you did nothing wrong. If that means your rights were infringed on in doing so, so what. I would think the end result would be more important, much more important.
  • Like 1

People can say that Brady has the right to not give up what's on his phone, and they'd be correct, but I find it hard to believe that if anyone else were in his shoes and actually did nothing wrong how you wouldn't want to do whatever possible to clear your name. Like it or not this will be attached to Tom's legacy for eternity. If you are one of the best if not best football player in the history of the game I can't fathom how you don't do what you can to prove without a shadow of doubt that you did nothing wrong. If that means your rights were infringed on in doing so, so what. I would think the end result would be more important, much more important.

Exactly.

His decision to not cooperate is the most damning evidence of all.

And NFL decision or not, in the court of public opinion that will haunt him forever.

I already hated them... :shrug:

However, my dislike was really about others comparing him to Joe Montana (who is actually the greatest QB to ever play the game). Now I can just add guilty cheating douchebag to the reasons that he does not compare to Montana.

• Like 1

I already hated them... :shrug:

However, my dislike was really about others comparing him to Joe Montana (who is actually the greatest QB to ever play the game). Now I can just add guilty cheating douchebag to the reasons that he does not compare to Montana.

Joe and the 9ers have their warts too.

Cue the circus music...

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will personally preside over Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.

Reporter Mike Freeman calls the development "huge and unexpected." The NFLPA had been seeking a neutral arbitrator. With Goodell personally taking responsibility for the case, he's putting the result squarely on his own shoulders. We'd interpret it as the commissioner looking for an out after a week of brutal publicity. It wouldn't be shocking if Brady's four-game ban was slashed to 1-2 games. Although it's become clear there were willful rule violations by the Pats, this is a molehill that's become a mountain. Ball pressure simply isn't that big of an advantage, and appears to be a rule that is skirted league wide, not just in New England.

- Rotoworld

:fool:

No way I would give up my private phone if I was Brady. Things can get leaked, taken out of context, no thanks. The fact that he didn't give his phone over or to his agent to get evidence does not alone make him guilty. Sure in court of public opinion, but that's not enough.

The NFL has allowed for this to happen for years and now makes a big deal about it. Seems ridiculous to me.

• Like 2