[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To pay the QB, or to not pay the QB?

Seahawks21

man, that seems like a lot of money for him

How? What are you comparing it to? He's being paid like Dalton and Kaep. He is at least as good as they are and has a much higher upside then Dalton for sure and possibly Kaep. The contract seems well constructed with a lot of guarantees linked to him being on the roster. What is wrong with that?

Sometimes I just think people like to complain.

Read today, I think on spotrac, that in the salary cap era. 1994, no team has won a Super Bowl with a Qb making more than 13.7% of a teams total cap.

I still stand by what I said before. Winning the SB is the big goal but not the only goal that matters to NFL teams.

Too many DL making big bucks too.

According to OvertheCap, both Avril and Bennet's guaranteed monies end after this upcoming season, it seems going into the 2016 season they will have next to nothing, salary cap wise, invested in their D-line. Seattle is currently ranked #14 in cap space (granted that is without a contract for Wagner and Wilson). This is also an organization who has drafted better than anyone in the NFL since Schneider and Carrol came into the fold. Was that a lot of luck that won't be duplicated again?Will Frank Clark bust or be a good pass rusher; because if it's the latter he replaces one of the two aforementioned in 2016.

I don't know. I'm not some blind homer that thinks they will keep everyone (they've already lost players they would have rather kept) and am aware of the difficulties. But, if Wilson signs some sort of cap friendly deal ala Kaepernick; it seems a little speculative to assume the window is closing.