[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R. Wilson (13th) or K.Benjamin(14th) as a Keeper

njfigs77

Hey Guys,

I'm battling on who to keep as my 1 Keeper this season. In my league TD's are all worth 6 points and it's (1/2 Point) per reception for receivers. Andrew Luck and Tom Brady are being kept, as well as ODB, J.Edelman, S.Watkins, E.Sanders, B.Cooks, and J.Matthews.

Who do you think is more valuable to keep? It's only a 13th or 14th Rounder, but I feel K.Benjamin is the best for the Value considering I can still get a top WR in the 1st or 2nd Round and have two Legit WR's early on and draft a QB in the 3-6th Round. Your Thoughts??

Unfortunately, it's only a 1 person keeper league for just one year. I tried breaking it to two keepers, but they won't budge in my league. I didn't even notice I drafted Wilson that late till this morning and I have until tomorrow to tell them my keeper. I was going to keep Benjamin all along, until I went back to check my draft and saw I got Wilson so late and he's ranked QB 3-5 in most projections. I do agree you have the entire draft to build, but I didn't know what's more valuable for that late of keeper...A Good QB or Good WR that I would never be able to draft that far down

One thing I left out is in this league there are bonuses:

QB's: 300 Yard Passing: 1 40 Yard Pass TD: 1 100 Yard Rushing: 1

400 Yard Passing: 2 50 Yard+ Pass TD: 2

WR's: 100 Yard Receiving: 1 40 Yard TD Catch: 1

200 Yard Receiving: 2 50 Yard+ TD Catch: 2

With all TD's being 6pts I'd lean towards Wilson. You've got the entire rest of the draft to build your team. Who else do you have to keep?

Why?

6 pt. passing TDs will hurt Wilson more than help if anything. He is not exactly a prolific thrower of touchdowns, so if anything he loses value to the QBs that do throw a lot of TDs, and it helps those QBs that are likely to throw a few more than him but not run in as many keep up with him in terms of PPG.

To the OP, this is a close call, but I'd be more inclined to keep Benjamin and lock in my WR2 as a 13th rounder while knowing I can find a QB comparable to Wilson much later in the draft then I would be able to find a WR comparable to Benjamin.

• Like 2

Why?

6 pt. passing TDs will hurt Wilson more than help if anything. He is not exactly a prolific thrower of touchdowns, so if anything he loses value to the QBs that do throw a lot of TDs, and it helps those QBs that are likely to throw a few more than him but not run in as many keep up with him in terms of PPG.

To the OP, this is a close call, but I'd be more inclined to keep Benjamin and lock in my WR2 as a 13th rounder while knowing I can find a QB comparable to Wilson much later in the draft then I would be able to find a WR comparable to Benjamin.

Why? how about because he is getting him for a 13th rd pick. That's why.

Edited by Finn5033

Why? how about because he is getting him for a 13th rd pick. That's why.

My why question was asking why does the 6 PT pass TDs matter at all.... as I noted, if anything that hurts Wilson's value, and your comment seemed to indicate that it was a factor in you leaning towards Wilson.

There is no wrong answer here. I think Benjamin is offering a better value than Wilson. Both have very similar ADPs (using the Huddle ADP data, Benjamin currently has an ADP as the 31st player taken, Wilson is the 35th player taken), but Benjamin is using a slot a full round later, and with QB scoring generally being relatively flat, it is much easier to wait on QB and still get similar value than it is at WR and RB

My why question was asking why does the 6 PT pass TDs matter at all.... as I noted, if anything that hurts Wilson's value, and your comment seemed to indicate that it was a factor in you leaning towards Wilson.

There is no wrong answer here. I think Benjamin is offering a better value than Wilson. Both have very similar ADPs (using the Huddle ADP data, Benjamin currently has an ADP as the 31st player taken, Wilson is the 35th player taken), but Benjamin is using a slot a full round later, and with QB scoring generally being relatively flat, it is much easier to wait on QB and still get similar value than it is at WR and RB

QB's will be drafted earlier in a 6pt passing td league. If their ADP is similar as you say I'm keeping the guy who is likely going to score 100 more pts. They are both available to be kept for basically nothing. Wilson is likely a top 5 fantasy QB while Benjamin is maybe a top 20 WR? There are a ton of good WR to draft, not so many QB's. I agree there is no wrong answer here, just depends on how you want your team to look. Personally I think Wilson is a proven commodity while Benjamin is still a ? He may improve he may not

Edited by Finn5033

the choice is so obvious. Finn was trying to be nice. What he was trying to say is that Kelvin has stone hands. Russell on the other hand just got maybe the best pass catching combo WR/TE he has ever had as a target. Go back and watch Russell in college. With a solid WR he's even more dangerous. (And yes Graham is basically a huge WR that will continue causing matchup problems.) I'm sure Russell will watch a ton of Graham film and find out when and where he wants the ball thrown.

• Like 1

I think the answer depends on where you'll be drafting. If you have something like the first two picks, you could snag Luck or Rodgers and be cool. If you don't, maybe keep Russell and get Calvin or Dez later in the 1st. If you go RB in Round 1, I'd always rather have the RB/WR combo than the RB/QB combo after two picks.

No question, Wilson. Better offense. Wilson has a lot of options for throwing and a very strong run game the defenses have to worry about. Greg Olsen is the only other decent or better target for the panthers. I also do not think J. Stewart is going to worry defenses too much. Cam's rushing yeah, but otherwise no. So Benjamin will get more attention. And the ratio of low WR1s and and WR2s to QB1s is very very low. You have Wilson, do not need to worry about a QB anymore. He's the much better value where you have him at 13.