[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Message Board Leagues

DMD

Pre... Draft... Rankings...

We're constantly waiting on the same people over and over in our league too

I'm using PDRs (1 minute average pick time) and I got the best team in our league so far.

'nough said

You wanna see painful...go check out All Pro in the Ladder.

Between Brooklyn Rob and Beanerlicious it takes like 2 days just to get through the turn at their end.

I'm not sure why dudes join leagues just to not give a flying (the really bad word) about them.

• Like 1

You wanna see painful...go check out All Pro in the Ladder.

Between Brooklyn Rob and Beanerlicious it takes like 2 days just to get through the turn at their end.

I'm not sure why dudes join leagues just to not give a flying truck about them.

That all pro draft is just as bad as our draft in semi pro was last year. :weird::weird::weird:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The only flaw I see so far with the text alerts is that when an autopick (pre-draft selection) is made, it doesn't text that out. Yesterday I was waiting for the text and just happened to go and look and it was my turn, without knowing it. Maybe we can get that fixed for next year?

We have a few managers who like to take 12 hours to think about their pick..

Or worse than that - someone's up to pick - they sign in (can see on the home page the last time they signed in), don't do anything and then sign out - then take another hour to make their pick..

Edited by Shorttynaz

The only flaw I see so far with the text alerts is that when an autopick (pre-draft selection) is made, it doesn't text that out. Yesterday I was waiting for the text and just happened to go and look and it was my turn, without knowing it. Maybe we can get that fixed for next year?

I think it depends on how the pick is made that puts you on the clock. I've gotten many emails/texts where the previous pick was 3-4 picks before mine (and everything in between was pre-selected). But, if that person (3-4 picks before me) uses the live draft room (which in this league they can't), I won't get the notification.

Having said that, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have gotten a text. Seems strange, with no draft room available.

With a few clicks you can see for yourself. Just pointing that out.. :)

Super lazy today, under the weather, so figured I'd just ask...but thanks for just pointing that out.

Edited by heehawks

We have a few managers who like to take 12 hours to think about their pick..

Or worse than that - someone's up to pick - they sign in (can see on the home page the last time they signed in), don't do anything and then sign out - then take another hour to make their pick..

Right. :lol: If that was the case, I actually would have less of an issue with 12+ hour delays. But, in most cases, I'm afraid that they're either 1) Oblivious to the fact that they're up 2) Inconsiderate enough that they don't bother checking in more than every day or two 3) Too busy, something came up that prevented them from getting online for several hours, etc.

#3 is understandable to a point, but when it happens multiple times in one draft, to the same person, it makes me wonder if maybe they're just too busy, and should have let someone with more time on their hands take the spot. #1 and #2 are simply inexcusable, regardless of whether this league is free or not. Don't sign up if you either don't care, or don't have the time. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

Nice pick, ABWF. I'm still a few picks away - but Josh Hill is who was sitting on top of my pre-draft rankings.

No name-dropping. :nono:

Fortunately, I picked him a couple of rounds ago in League #2. ;)

• Like 1

Right. :lol: If that was the case, I actually would have less of an issue with 12+ hour delays. But, in most cases, I'm afraid that they're either 1) Oblivious to the fact that they're up 2) Inconsiderate enough that they don't bother checking in more than every day or two 3) Too busy, something came up that prevented them from getting online for several hours, etc.

#3 is understandable to a point, but when it happens multiple times in one draft, to the same person, it makes me wonder if maybe they're just too busy, and should have let someone with more time on their hands take the spot. #1 and #2 are simply inexcusable, regardless of whether this league is free or not. Don't sign up if you either don't care, or don't have the time. Plain and simple.

I gripe about it but I get it. I work from home and am always online - so I'm checking in like every 30 minutes to see if any progress has been made - but I get it. Some people work in an office where they may not have internet access or will get in trouble if they're non-productive playing fantasy football. I'm just an impatient person - and hours here feel like days.

I get it, too. To a point. I've been #3 on a few occasions. Rarely, but it has happened. Golf/camping trips to the middle of nowhere, where there literally was no access, even from my phone, etc. But, it was for a couple of rounds at most. Not an entire draft. If I joined a league where I knew the entire draft was going to be an issue, I would find a solution/alternative. Give up my spot, send somebody a draft list, etc.

That reminds me of a story.... Years ago, I was doing a slow draft for the inaugural season of Redraft Wars, which was started up by former Huddler Rovers. I was on a family camping trip in western Wisconsin, had no internet access, and even my phone service was sketchy. John (Rovers) was kind enough to call me when I was up, read of a list of who had been taken by position, and take my pick by phone. It was a 40-round draft, and he did this for maybe a half-dozen rounds at most. But, it had to be quite the sight to see, from the perspective of surrounding campers (not to mention my family members). Like I said, my phone service was very hit-and-miss at that point (this was before I switched from Verizon to AT&T), so our conversations consisted of me walking around the campground, standing on tree stumps, crouching down on one knee, and hiding behind trees (all in an effort to find a spot where we could hear each other). :lol:

Good times.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

LOL @ standing on tree stumps, crouching down and hiding behind trees. I would have just assumed either you were trying to avoid being abducted by aliens or you had some bad gas and were gonna explode and didn't want anyone to see it happen.