[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I crazy for ranking Odell Beckham Jr. as my top WR?

knight526806

So yeah, am I?

Granted, he is not the safest option, but he has the highest ceiling in my opinion.

Antonio Brown is great, but do you honestly expect Big Ben to keep playing at that level, let alone stay healthy?

Demarius is gonna do well, but their are looming rumers that Peyton is over the hill and the Broncos will become more run focused.

Calvin's ceiling rivals that of Beckham, but he is 30 and its starting to show. He's having far too much trouble staying healthy.

Dez is also a good bet to have a great year considering that great O-line, and I dont expect Randle to be nearly as good as Murry, so the Cowboys will likely end up passing even more. He is my second overall WR.

But in the end you can't deny, Beckham's numbers past week 7 looked like something out of a video game. Had he kept the averaged of those numbers of a 16 game span, he would have had 2,245 yards and 24 scores...

Edited by knight526806

I might rank Beckham as your top guy in a startup dynasty draft, but hard to trust him as a certain in redraft after just half a season. Don't get me wrong, he was incredible, but it's hard to put up those kinds of stats again the next season. He may do it. I'd just be more comfortable with WR's who already proved it year in and year out like Anthony Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson for my number 1 WR off the board.

So yeah, am I?

Granted, he is not the safest option, but he has the highest ceiling in my opinion.

Antonio Brown is great, but do you honestly expect Big Ben to keep playing at that level, let alone stay healthy?

Demarius is gonna do well, but their are looming rumers that Peyton is over the hill and the Broncos will become more run focused.

Calvin's ceiling rivals that of Beckham, but he is 30 and its starting to show. He's having far too much trouble staying healthy.

Dez is also a good bet to have a great year considering that great O-line, and I dont expect Randle to be nearly as good as Murry, so the Cowboys will likely end up passing even more. He is my second overall WR.

But in the end you can't deny, Beckham's numbers past week 7 looked like something out of a video game. Had he kept the averaged of those numbers of a 16 game span, he would have had 2,245 yards and 24 scores...

The highest ceiling imo is Julio's. Can you imagine if he plays a whole season? Yes BIG Ben/Antonio have done it 2 years in a row... Why not 3? Welker/Brady played at a top tier level for 3-5 yrs straight if memory serves. As for your week 7 and on assessment of OBJ...it's flawed. This ain't 2014 and He now has way more comp for catches while playing for a QB that's been known to spread it around. Cruz is now back to 100, Donell will still be a red zone threat, Jennings claims he's 100 and vereen is basically a wr and a pretty good one. I think OBJ will end up with lower numbers but still be solid. I find it funny that guys will pick him over Jordy Nelson in regular redrafts. Jordy is gonna be a beast again and Julio is firmly in the same position OBJ was in last year... Main target for a decent QB with a defense that might allow some high scores

I rank them like this but I'm high on Cooks who will also be expected to see a lot more targets from a first ballot type QB with a weaker defense.

Brown, DT, Dez, Julio, Jordy, OBJr, Mega, AJG, Cooks, Cobb.

If Julio could just stay healthy he would be number 1.