[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for Green

eli93

in a 1Qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 flex, 1 TE, non-ppr league, here's my roster:

Qb:

Tony Romo

Rb:

Justin Forsett

Alfred Morris

Mark Ingram

Tre Mason

Devante Freeman

Buck Allen

WR:
Antonio Brown

Allen Robinson

Eric Decker

Marques Colston

Donte Moncrief

Devante Parker

Here's my question: first of all, how would you guys rank my first 3 rb's in non-ppr? I was thinking it would go Forsett, Morris, Ingram. Second, I was thinking about making a deal for AJ green. I was offered Green for Forsett and Robinson. That would leave me with morris and ingram as starting rb's, Brown, Green, and Decker at WR, then Colston/Mason/Freeman at flex. I think AJ Green should have a bounce back year if he's healthy, and I want to upgrade WR and trade some of my RB depth. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

I would normally do that deal as AJ should have a great year. However, I just realized you said 2RB and I think it leaves you too thin there and you would end up losing a lot more that you are getting even though Green is a great player.

Edited by fantasybears

That deal makes no sense, Robinson could have a huge season, and by trading Forsett you lose any true RB1 value on your roster. Your already the weakest at RB, so why bolster an already solid WR core by losing your BEST RB asset?

The biggest issue is no RB insurance past Morris. Ingram is always banged up, Mason, Allen, and Freeman are no guarantee to get the majority of the touches unless you encounter injury. IMO.

Edited by Verk26

Would you pick Forsett in your draft if Green was still available? Forsett has been around forever and has 1 good season under him. There is a much better chance that AJ has a normal AJ production season than Forsett to come anywhere near what he did last year again. I would feel comfortable with Morris and Ingram as my starters if I have Brown and Green as my WR. Who cares if you give Robinson with the deal? You wouldn't need him anyways.

I guess my point is if I was drafting and the best RB available when I picked was Forsett I would certainly go for a top tier WR instead. I just don't think Forsett will have any better a season than Ingram or Morris.

Edited by Finn5033

RB's are a premium, you have the end of the RB1 list so if you lose Forsett you're streaming a position that you have to play two RB's at.. no matter how WR heavy leagues are having two stud WR's does nothing if you're not able to sustain good points in the two RB slots. As fair or good as the trade is based on the upside of AJ you have to look at what are you going to do if AJ has a bad game and your two RB's are barely getting you 24 points total.. If you have Forsett there are 10 other teams that already have a better RB1 starting against you (arguably) now you trade away Forsett. now you have the 15-16th ranked RB playing RB1.. if you look at the point drop from L.Bell down to Morris's point total you might cry if that's what you can expect at RB1.. because teams will have two RB's playing ranked higher than your RB1. Be careful with this trade.. I'm not crazy about it.