[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 Team PPR League added .5 RA this season. How does this impact draft strategy?

bburdett

Being playing in a 12 team league for a few years now and last season we changed to a PPR league, but some teams complained about it taking away from running back value so commish added .5 point per rush attempt this season. My question is how does this impact my draft strategy, does it pretty much wipe out the ppr value of wide receivers/tight ends? Thanks for your insight. BTW I am drafting 12th in a snake draft, so I thought I was primed to grab two of the top wr's this year.

PPR on its own doesn't affect WR value a great deal, what it does primarily is make WRs more viable flex candidates as they score so much more as a group, and it really boosts the value of pass catching RBs.

Adding point per carry will not only make RBs score a ton more points, but it will push the value of the few bellcows even higher.

For example, Murray had just under 400 carries last year - thus is an extra 200 points for him. The #2 RB had just over 300 carries, so an extra 150 for him but a boost of 50 points in value for Murray over the #2 guy. Find the RB that will get 350ish carries and you can write yourself a ticket to the fantasy playoffs.

It seems like most of your league mates are mistaking higher scoring position with higher value position. Higher scoring is not the same as value - value is created by point differential within the position. This is why in most leagues even though QBs tend to be the highest scoring position, they tend to have less value than RBs and WRs.

Thanks for the advice. By trying to placate the league members the commish seems to have over adjusted to the other end of the spectrum. We can only play a max of 2 RB/week because our flex can only be filled with a TE or WR, so it would seem the way to go is to grab two of the top RB's (usually Shady & Hill in mocks) if available and take WR back to back in the 3rd and 4th rounds. It looks like there is a substantial drop off after Hill & Shady in value among RB so that seems like the best plan to me. Again thanks for breaking down the numbers, it was very helpful.

Edited by bburdett