[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones or Jamaal Charles

Our draft is 5 days away and although things could change from here to the time I'm on the clock, I have narrowed down my top 2 players ** I WANT ** when my name is called...

Julio Jones & Jamaal Charles.

My situation:

- 14 team league

- Owner of the 3rd round pick - Snake draft

- Keeping Antonio Brown as a second rounder

- PPR league

- Won a championship last year off the strength of my WR's outperforming week in and week out

- Traditional line-up: QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX K DEF

My Pros & Cons:

Julio Jones - had four catches for 61 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' preseason opener! Roddy White is old by NFL standards and they don't have that "big" ground and pound RB making Jones a big focal point in that offense. Coming off an entire season on the IR, I think he will be back with a big splash - refer to rookie year! Con tho, those legs... will he get hurt again?

Jamaal Charles - averaged 1,683 yards from scrimmage over the past three seasons (despite missing two games), totaling 39 touchdowns over that span. He averaged just 250 carries over those three years, never once reaching 290 rushing attempts. He's gotten 5.5 YPC throughout his career and is still just 28 years old and will remain the focal point of Kansas City's offense. Bottom line, he's BIG TIME. Con, only averaged 13.7 rushing attempts per game last year due to Andy and his running back by committee approach. Andy can't be trusted!

I know with the 3rd pick I want as a sure thing as sure things get. I know there are other players available who I can look at worthy of that pick. I also know that by passing on a running back with my first pick puts me in a tight spot for later rounds. But right now, I am really liking the thought of having Julio and Antonio week in and week out. I really believe that Julio is a safer pick because an injury isn't planned while having Andy split reps at running back is. At this point I'm leaning 51% for Julio and 49% Jamaal, but can't help feeling 49% Julio and 51% Jamaal in the back of my mind.

In a PPR league Brown and Julio would be huge but I agree with Footballjoe, You will really be hurting at RB if you don't take Charles. You pick 3rd, are keeping Brown and won't have a 2nd round pick. With Keepers and 14 teams there will be nothing but scraps left for RB's by the time you pick in the 3rd round.

Edited by Finn5033

I have a similar situation. Keeping Jordy in the 2nd and will have my pick of Julio or Forte at #4 overall (keeper league)

Pairing up stud WRs (Julio and Brown/Jordy) is very tempting especially in PPR. With RBs depth is better IMO since injury seems to occur more. Those 2 WRs will be a consistent advantage.

You'd have to stack RBs with remaining picks and hope one hits big. I'm more inclined to take Julio over Forte because I'm keeping Ingram in the 7th. In your case I would go with Charles since I like him more than Forte and you don't have a keeper RB. I would do a mock to project which RBs will be there in the 3rd/4th based on everyones expected keepers to get a better idea for who your top 2 RBs would be. Charles though is likely the better option.

Going Jones+Brown rhen possibly Forsett could happen, that could work out well IMO.....

14 team league with keepers, that would be a huge gamble to hope Forsett is still there in the 3rd round. But Charles may not make it to him at the 3rd pick anyways so this may be what he will be shooting for

Edited by Finn5033

In a PPR league Brown and Julio would be huge but I agree with Footballjoe, You will really be hurting at RB if you don't take Charles. You pick 3rd, are keeping Brown and won't have a 2nd round pick. With Keepers and 14 teams there will be nothing but scraps left for RB's by the time you pick in the 3rd round.

This.