[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to pick as my keeper?

TDforTebow

This is in a 8-man standard scoring league with friends/coworkers. I racked up a pretty beast team last year with some trades. However, my league overwhelmingly voted to keep just 1 keeper this year, so now we are all facing some tough choices.

Here are the names from which I need to choose a keeper:

QB: Luck

RB: Charles, Foster

WR: Julio, Green

TE: Gates

I wish that we were going to have 2 keepers per team but I think everyone wanted a nice draft pool and I can't argue with that. So, of these, which would you chose and why? How would that alter the draft strategy?

Charles is definitely up there, what about Luck? I think he scored the most points for my team last year. Do I keep Luck and focus on RBs or WRs my first couple picks? Do I keep Charles and still go for a WR or RB in round 1 or use that pick to grab a good QB?

Most of the people in my league go for RBs or WRs in round 1, but there are one or two that go straight for a QB like Rodgers or Manning.

I would keep Charles and then see what's available when you pick. If there is still a stud RB I would take him. In std scoring stud RB's are more valuable because there aren't many of them. There are a lot of WR and plenty of serviceable QB's especially in an 8 team league.

Thanks for the advice. Still struggling between Luck and Charles...on the one hand, Luck scored me the most points last year than any other player, including Charles. On the other hand, Charles was injured and was limited a fair bit last year and there are no assurances that Luck will maintain his fantasy dominance.

I know of at least 2 people in my draft that go for QBs first so if I let Luck go I may not get as good a QB, Charles is a top tier RB though...

Depends slightly on your draft slot, but in an 8-team league I would lean towards keeping Luck.

For example, if you draft in the first few slots you would still be guaranteed no worse than the 8th or 9th best RB -- perhaps D.Murray or J.Hill.

A start of Luck/Hill is pretty solid and getting a top-2 QB would be my strategy in such a small league.

UPDATE: One of my friends just told me he locked in Aaron Rodgers as his keeper. According to most sites/rankings I have seen, Luck ranks #2 QB projected behind Rodgers. Do I gamble that Luck will continue to put up big numbers and go for RBs/WRs with my first several picks, or do I keep Charles and grab a QB after getting another RB/WR?

Keep Luck. It's an 8 teamer so you will still have shots at solid rb/wr combos. And yes with AJ coming on board with a little gas still left in the tank (a la Moss in NE) Luck will be a bigger monster and a huge advantage at the position in most weeks IMO.

I go RB. I think there is a bigger gap between Charles and the 8th/9th RB, then the gap between Luck and the 8th/9th QB. RB drops off a lot quicker. You are gonna get a top 8 QB( later in the draft). You want to get as many good RB's and WR's as possible.

I play in an 8 team league with family and co workers as well. I made the championship last year using Tannehill and Rivers because I loaded up on top RB's and WR's. I would keep Charles but that is just my opinion

Edited by Finn5033