[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 3 picks qb

griffin_121

In an 8 team league either way you will have a good team. What i do when i draft is I take the best player off the board for my pick. You can try to go with a strategy off rb rb/wr wr/rb wr but most likely something else will end up happening. Each pick go with whoever will get the most points, regardless of position. you dont want to pass up an elite WR to get a good RB, and vice versa.

i wait on QBs personally til late rounds to get a Ryan/Newton etc. if its the best player then sure why not, but my strategy wouldnt be that when you can take the players u want instead of chancing someone taking the player u wanted and then not trading him if u get what i mean.

QBs have very limited trade value in a 8 team league outside of Rodgers/Luck. I wouldn't recommend getting a backup at all, as their will be plenty of talent on the waivers. Unless you decide to draft Brady.

As asskickas said wait till the 2nd to last round for a defense, pick one with decent early season matchups.

Taking the best available player for the first 4-5 rounds is always smart, then worry about filling out your roste properly.

Also with TE, unless you draft one of the top 4-5, I would wait till near the end to snag one.