[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my draft! Very Serious League

knight526806

I was 7th in the draft order in a educated 12 team league, please rate my draft and give me suggestions on improvements.

Rounds - Player - Reasoning

1st - Demarco Murray - The elite backs were all taken as well as CJ Anderson. I wanted a RB in the first round since I knew I could still get a elite WR in the second. Ryan Mathews will take some touches, but the Eagles run a ton of snaps anyways and their line looks great.

2nd - AJ Green - only elite receiver left other than Randall Cobb, and he injured his shoulder the day before the draft. AJ Green seems primed for a bounce back year.

3rd - Brandin Cooks - I've been high on this guy all offseason. I'm expecting low end WR1 numbers.

4th - Davante Adams - Another guy I am higher on than others. I think he breaks out this year. High end WR2, top 15 WR.

5th - Arian Foster - this decision will make or break my season. Only other RB2 options still available were Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Bishop Sankey, and Rashad Jennings. Foster has too much upside over any of those guys.

6th - Ryan Mathews - I needed to reach for him because one of the guys in my league is a big Eagles fan and would have taken him this round if I didn't. I wanted some reassurance if Demarco went down (such a large workload last year).

7th - Alfred Blue - Reassurance for Arian Foster (he will likely be injured at other points in the season)

8th - Martellus Bennett - Bennett was already the most heavily targeted TE, and now Marshall is gone. I think this was great value at this point in the draft.

9th - Larry Fitzgerald - viable WR4, especially with a healthy Palmer

10th - Darren McFadden - looks better than Randle in preseason. I expect him to split carries early on and possibly overtake Randle. I think McFadden is easily the better back, the question is can he stay healthy for once.

11th - Phillip Rivers - I took a QB really late; I'm not super high on Rivers but everyone else was taken and Rivers will be solid. He won't win or lose your league.

12th - Jay Cutler - I wanted a backup QB, because some people in my league intentionally horde QB's to trade later in the season. Everyone is down on Cutler, but I think his numbers last year weren't that bad, especially early in the season. (And he did most of it without Marshall anyways)

13th - Texans D - we are doing auction waivers this year, so I wanted a solid D to avoid having to stream defenses

14th - Ronnie Hillman - is CJ Anderson a sure thing? Hillman has looked great in the preseason.

15th - Gostkowski - solid kicker

16th - Jonas Gray - He will get to start the year as the Pats big back while Blount is suspended, maybe he can get some momentum going?

Let me know what you think of my draft! thanks.

Edited by knight526806

Other than Fitz/Cutler I like your team. I wouldn't have wasted a pick on Cutler as he will likely not be startable in a John Fox offense. Fitz will have his typical 2-3 decent games, just enough to make you think about starting him. I'd rather have a flyer in both of those spots. Other than that, very solid.