[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell Backup

So Le'Veon Bell fell to me at #6 and I had to grab him. I hadn't been targeting him in mocks, so I kind of freaked and got DeAngelo Williams in the 12th to shore up the first two games. Now I'm wondering if I should've drafted Alfred Blue or Tevin Coleman instead as they might have better stock for more than just two games. Possibly even Duke Johnson? Did I make a bad choice by passing them up? I'm worried about depth. (Roster in sig)

Edited by ShuckCreations

Should you have taken Blue or Coleman instead? yes

Does it really matter? no

Start Morris and Williams first game and see how well all your RB's do and go from there (who knows how much work Abdullah and Mathews will get)

Play Landry in the flex, he has a high floor this year.

No I don't think so. Blue is nothing special and will lose his starting job as soon as Foster comes back as I'm sure you are aware. From everything I can find on Atlanta's situation Tevin Coleman will not be a workhorse back and if anything will have an even split with Freeman this year. I think if Bell were to go down Williams is a safe bet to have a better situation and workload than either of those 2

Should you have taken Blue or Coleman instead? yes

Does it really matter? no

Start Morris and Williams first game and see how well all your RB's do and go from there (who knows how much work Abdullah and Mathews will get)

Play Landry in the flex, he has a high floor this year.

Oh yes, I love that I was able to get both Jordan Mathews and Landry behind Cobb.

As for the RB situation I was just curious what y'all thought. Barring some major setback I like my RBs. Bell and Morris will do what they do and I picked Ameer and Ryan Mathews for decent flexes with huge upside if the guys in front of them go down.

No I don't think so. Blue is nothing special and will lose his starting job as soon as Foster comes back as I'm sure you are aware. From everything I can find on Atlanta's situation Tevin Coleman will not be a workhorse back and if anything will have an even split with Freeman this year. I think if Bell were to go down Williams is a safe bet to have a better situation and workload than either of those 2

I was thinking about dropping Williams if anyone on waivers came alive. I don't normally use bench spots for handcuffs. You think I should still go ahead and keep him?

Edited by ShuckCreations

Oh yes, I love that I was able to get both Jordan Mathews and Landry behind Cobb.

As for the RB situation I was just curious what y'all thought. Barring some major setback I like my RBs. Bell and Morris will do what they do and I picked Ameer and Ryan Mathews for decent flexes with huge upside if the guys in front of them go down.

I was thinking about dropping Williams if anyone on waivers came alive. I don't normally use bench spots for handcuffs. You think I should still go ahead and keep him?

Yes I would hold on to him if I were you. There is no guarantee that Abdullah will become an every week starter and Mathews will be on the smaller side of a time share with Murray and Sproles. I understand what you are saying about not wanting to use roster spots on handcuffs, but there are situations where it makes sense. IMO this is one of those situations

Edited by Finn5033

Yes I would hold on to him if I were you. There is no guarantee that Abdullah will become an every week starter and Mathews will be on the smaller side of a time share with Murray and Sproles. I understand what you are saying about not wanting to use roster spots on handcuffs, but there are situations where it makes sense. IMO this is one of those situations

I get what you're saying. Plus I probably have more flexibility with my bottom WRs than with my RBs anyway. Point taken.