[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Royal for Devin Funchess?

ShuckCreations

Would you do it?

I'm not sure if I want to offer the trade or not. I have Royal and like his potential, especially having played with Cutler before but he is a #2. However, Jeffery will pull pressure off him so he could have a huge year.

On the other hand Funchess has opportunity. I like that he's a #1 and obviously his red zone height. However, he's going to be double teamed a lot and I'm not sure he has the talent to pull in balls in tight coverage, even with his height. Also, not only is he unproven but he didn't play a ton of WR in college.

I have them ranked about equally and am wondering who's ceiling is higher. What do y'all think?

Royal has never really performed consistently and in 7 seasons never topped 1k receiving or 100 receptions... He's pretty much lackluster and Rivers was a better QB than Cutler. I think the ceiling for Funchess is higher only because of the fourth quarter trash time yardage Benji got last year and I believe Funchess will catch the ball at a higher rate than Benji, he's the main target but raw. I think his upside is bigger. Royal could do well opposite of Alshon but in 7 years he's been a low tier WR, maybe his TD potential makes him a more consistent WR. I think Royals floor is higher and probably be more of a weekly contributor (WR3 or Flex) Funchess is boom/bust as he will have to get down field and Cam will be throwing the ball up for grabs a lot when they're down which is not a way to rely on a WR.. Given you have Cobb, Matthews and Landry I don't know why you need Royal over Funchess.. Colston is a better options than both at this point as well, it's worth it because you don't need him to perform. Royal does nothing special, White could return towards the end of the year especially when the Bears are the bottom feeders of their division that'll be White's preseason, the Bears didn't take White to let Royal play in front of him.