[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Julius Thomas...

mvttchew

So with news of his injury, I need a replacement for the 4 weeks (hopefully) he's gone.

10-team PPR League

I'm torn between the following choices:

Dwayne Allen

Coby Fleener

Richard Rodgers

Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen have an awesome QB playing under center which is promising for targets. However, they play a 2 TE set up and so they'll be competing with one another. Allen is the better blocker which could leave Fleener to play more of a receiver, especially with his build. But Allen is a definite red-zone target for the exact same reason (play-action fake block to red-zone). Fleener got almost twice as many targets than Allen, but Allen produced more last year. I'm torn between these two. Keep in mind, they play the Bills in week 1 which is supposedly legit. I was hoping to use week 1 as a feel-out type of game with my TE's, this might present a problem.

As far as Rodgers, he's playing with Aaron Rodgers and with Jordy Nelson out, he could see some targets. Historically though, Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem to throw much to the TE's, so not sure about this.

There are the typical names on the WW that I can also choose from (Reed, Donnell, Celek, etc.)

Who should I roll with?

I have wondered the exact question you asked. I also have considered going with Rodgers because of the Nelson injury. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this question.

I would lean toward Dwayne Allen. Allen has more sure hands than Fleener, hence making him a better target for td's. Fleener drops easy passes, but would still be a good choice that I couldn't blame you for going with. It is a tough call. I would sit on Rodgers for a week or 2 and see how much Aaron Rodgers uses him as a target. Until then, I would pick up Fleener or Allen. Those two would be guaranteed to get you something at least and are probably safer bets for now.

D.Allen and Fleener just hurt each others value, although they both can get some weekly points you don't know who will emerge or get the majority of looks game to game. I think D. Allen is the TE to own if you like Indy but I think Richard Rodgers is in a better position to be in more of a permanent TE starter role on a team that now needs some weapons to replace Jordy.

D.Allen TD machine but nothing more, Rich = risky but upside and could be yards and endzone threat I'm buying on Rich.. D.Allens ceiling is capped pretty low.

I'm in same boat but I have Olsen, I like Green, like previously stated Fleener and Allen hurt each other. Here are my choices as back up....Clay or ASJ? Green is also available? Taylor comes from a TE offense in Baltimore and Buffalo paid a lot of money for Clay? Also TB has Winston and rookie QB's usually look for TE's and ASJ's coach is from Atlanta and worked with Gonzo? I'm leaning towards ASJ? Thoughts?