[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zero RB draft strategy- 8th pick

Andrewg93

I have the 8th pick of the draft out of 12 teams and have been doing mock drafts using the zero RB strategy. I think this is the best way for me to have a great team. My question is, which is the best round to start grabbing a RB? I've been starting to grab one in the 5th round but not sure.

The best round is the round in which the best value on the board is RB.

If that means round 7, then it's round 7. If it is round 4, then round 4. If it's round 1, then round 1.

Going in with a preset strategy and not being flexible based on what is happening in the draft is the quickest way to a poor draft.

I know the draft may not go as expected and I will adjust, just don't really want to gamble on guys like L. Murray in the fourth when I can get a WR2/WR3

Well, if you're looking for WR2/3 in the 4th, that means you should already at least have your RB1, so Murray as an RB2 there is not that much of a gamble.

I went with one round 7 or 8. Can't remember but I took arian foster. Yes I took an injured rb before I took a starting rb.

But his potential payoff is why you take him - the same reason you take any RB that late in zero RB theory - you are looking for the home run swing.

But his potential payoff is why you take him - the same reason you take any RB that late in zero RB theory - you are looking for the home run swing.

Exactly. I played waiver wire rbs all year last year in a couple leagues until I was able to make trades and worked out great. One league I traded cobb for forsett and forsett while not great down the stretch did enough to stabilize my rb position and win the league. Looking for the same from foster this year without needing to trade anyone for him.