[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

survivor week 1

frenzal rhomb

There is no sure thing this week which is a bummer. Based on what I've seen, NE seems to be the most picked team. But I got a bad feeling about that one. Raining, NE's D isn't that special. I could see Pitt winning that game.

GB is another rough one. I try to stay away from divisional games.

I think a sleeper pick is NYJ over CLE, but that might be getting too cute for Week 1

TB should beat TEN

SEA should be STL but again, an away divisional game.

Packers are a good choice, but not for me. No chance am I going out Week 1 picking against the Bears.

I went with the Cowboys at home over the Giants, who NY hasn't beaten in ages.

awful week 1 for suicide. Decent bets are all on the road. any home team I like either has a divisional game or close match-up.

That said my best bets are

MIA

Jets - I think I take them week 1 every year

GB :fingerscrossed:

bet against OAK, of course they are home, sigh

Made it through Week 17 last year in two survival pools. Never done that before. It was an incredible roller coaster of a year.... I think my selection trailed by 2 or more scores, in the second half, like 5-6 times throughout the year. Somehow, I managed to survive each and every week. :wacko:

This year, I was afraid that the exact opposite would happen. Week 1 had all the makings of an early exit. Decided to just get it over with (and avoid another 3 days of struggling with my pick), and took NE last night. Even after I made the selection, I wasn't comfortable with it, but reading that NE had won 15 of their last 16 home games helped ease my mind somewhat. That, and PIT being without Bell/Bryant, I just thought it was as good of a bet as anything else out there.

Glad to get that one out of the way. I typically don't have any steadfast "rules" per se, but I tend to shy away from divisional games, road games, and definitely divisional road games. This week, every single game has the feel of a matchup that could go either way. Of course, now that I've got my pick out of the way early, I'll be pulling for underdogs all weekend. :)

I took NE in one of my pools. I was a bit nervous in the 1st quarter last night but then Gronk took over. Thinking of Dallas for another one. And then maybe MIA or NYJ for the 3rd pool. Trusting NYJ in week 1 is a bit scary!

Dallas seems like a fairly safe contrarian play since I don't hear too many people saying they are picking them. Of course if they lose and GB wins, I'll be pissed!

I've picked Dallas against Washington twice in the past five or so years. 0-2.. Scared to death of picking Dallas in survivor. They can crap the bed on any given sunday.

I got knocked out last year when romo hobbled out of the locker room on a Monday night against washington too. He could barely move but had to go back in