[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray rice

Richard1233

LOL ... I will never believe all 32 owners got together and put all of their monster egos aside and said 'nobody sign Rice because of his baggage'. Nope those owners want to win too badly, Jerry Jones would be FIRST in line to sign Ray Rice if he had enough talent to make a difference.

the only thing more important than winning to the Owners is protecting the brand....they still make money if they lose.

You're talking about Grits? I might disagree with his Ted Nugentesque views on society and tire of his repetitiveness, but his football acumen is solid. He knows fantasy football as well as anyone on this board.

:shrug: Not interested in starting a weiner-measuring match here, but there's plenty of backup you could easily find.

If an owner was interested it would spin it ... he has learned his lesson, he deserves a 2nd chance, blah blah blah.

Because, in the end, they believe the brand can't be damaged. There are countless examples of players who have been convicted of all manners of crimes, including domestic violence that are in the league.

If an owner was interested it would spin it ... he has learned his lesson, he deserves a 2nd chance, blah blah blah.

Because, in the end, they believe the brand can't be damaged. There are countless examples of players who have been convicted of all manners of crimes, including domestic violence that are in the league.

But not on video like Rice and not nearly causing the ousting of the Commissioner. Those are big differences.

Domestic violence is THE #1 hot button issue for the NFL. Comparing the baggage of those other guys to Rice and using them as an example to support an argument that Rice is not being blackballed is a fallacy.

As stated above, this thing almost took down Goodell. It is getting special treatment.

So you're saying the NFL owners have agreed and colluded to not sign Ray Rice, or the commish issued a memo saying "Do not look at Rice".

I don't buy that, I do believe what I wrote. He has baggage, its bad and very recent. He's older, and wasn't that good in his last season. He sat out for a full year. If he were a 25 year old Rice somebody would look at him. But with the limited upside the negatives are not worth it. If he had no baggage and was just cut by the Ravens after 2013 or 2014 somebody would look at him.

Now it sounds like you're saying the owners banded together to defend the commish after this issue almost caused his ouster (I missed where the league had a vote that came up short) so they've colluded to black ball Rice even though he could help one of them win a SB. Gotcha.

Edited by stevegrab

Often times on this board when someone doesn't like someone they say they don't know football. You once told Henry Muto that he didn't know anything about football.

Often times, sure. This is not one of those cases. Thanks for your input, though.

And... link?

If he had no baggage and was just cut by the Ravens after 2013 or 2014 somebody would look at him.

That's all I have been saying all along-- if he didn't have the baggage somebody would look at him.

You also said, which I agree 100% with :

A team just having Rice in for a workout would generate a bunch of negative press, and that's the only way they'll really be able to evaluate his ability.

Nobody can say what he has left if he doesn't get a shot -- and its pretty clear why he isn't getting a shot.... whether people want to

agree on it or not.

• Like 1

I googled "Henry Muto" a week or two ago looking for a specific thread because the archives don't go past a year. A lot of the Huddle veterans mocked him and his opinions before he won that national championship. I specifically remember you telling Muto that he didn't know anything about football. I should have bookmarked the link.

Grits is every bit as knowledgeable about fantasy football as you. And you're every bit as rude and condescending as Grits. More rude and arrogant, actually. At least Grits doesn't get butthurt when someone disagrees with him. He dishes it out, but he can also take it. You usually throw a hissy fit if someone disagrees with you and you start throwing personal insults their way. Thanks for your input, though.

Yup, guess you should have. Because your memory is not serving you. Mine, however, is pretty strong. I seem to recall you getting rather butt-hurt in several instances, so this isn't much of a shock.

If anything, I called Muto the Chris Moneymaker of fantasy football, turning the hobby into a "career", having 70+ teams, and found it must be quite difficult to follow and actually enjoy the hobby when treating it as such. That would be the only thing I ever dropped on Muto football-wise, but if you're able to find something to the contrary, I'll certainly eat crow.

Can you find an instance where I've become "butt-hurt" over someone disagreeing with me? How about where I've hurled insults after being challenged? In this case, you're simply stating incorrect information. I'm not butt-hurt in the least (nor am I insulting anyone) because I know what I've said, and what I haven't. Not sure why you've chosen to pick this little battle with me, but rest assured I couldn't care less what you think. You can go back to throwing your little darts, but trust me, they're not going to stick.

Edited by darin3

If I listed all the times you insulted someone, it'd be a long list. As long as Bronco Billy's. Bronco Billy also denied everything, just like you.

:lol: Feel free to now provide us with HIS posts that led to that. *shakeshead*

I'm denying it because it's simply not true. Again, not sure why you've decided to take this little challenge on. But, being an adult with better things to do, I'll simply scroll past all of your BS. :)

Scroll past his posts, makes this board much more tolerable. Every board has one (or more) ... arguing for the sake of arguing and/or "trying to get a rise out of others". Very mature, yeah?

Eventually you'll see that these trolls have zero football acumen and are posting crap just to try and get rises out of people. It's beyond old, but your mouse has that little wheel on it for a reason.

it had to do with the fact that he brought up an old post about Ray Rice just to say he was still on the couch....

You're talking about Grits? I might disagree with his Ted Nugentesque views on society and tire of his repetitiveness, but his football acumen is solid. He knows fantasy football as well as anyone on this board.

agreed, sometimes he goes off the deep end but more than half the time I can get down with what he is saying...

I thought with the "search" button threads only go back a year? And if I click on a profile, I can only get a person's last 5 posts?

Clicking on the profile gives insufficient results.

Searching goes as back as possible, but it limits the number of results reported. If you don't see it going back enough you can change the search criteria including dates to search.

• Like 1

All these years generally keeping my mouth shut....just reading posts year after year.... and its THIS topic that

lures me out..... go figure lol

that being said, who was the poster whos avatar was the bikini girl with spigots on her nipples?

I miss that one haha

• Like 1

All these years generally keeping my mouth shut....just reading posts year after year.... and its THIS topic that

lures me out..... go figure lol

that being said, who was the poster whos avatar was the bikini girl with spigots on her nipples?

I miss that one haha

man..... the name is on the tip of my tongue like those spigots...

edit: WildBlueFan

Edited by Avernus
  • Like 1

Actually, here is a thread from 2 years ago where I re-posted Bronco Billy's insults. Of course, he had denied he insulted people. I actually call you out for being any angry person in this thread, too. Apparently, I've called you out a lot. I am a polite person. But I have no problem calling out bullies all day long.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/405797-hillman-is-the-rb-in-denver/

I'm enjoying these flashbacks lol

If Ray Rice could help a team win there are plenty of owners in the league that would sign him in a flat second, regardless of his baggage.

And none of those teams have brought him in for a tryout to find out if he can play or not. I'm not saying he'd be a top 10 RB if he came back but he is absolutely a top 100 RB. What do these owners have to lose by bringing him in for a tryout? A lot apparently because no one will do it.

And none of those teams have brought him in for a tryout to find out if he can play or not. I'm not saying he'd be a top 10 RB if he came back but he is absolutely a top 100 RB. What do these owners have to lose by bringing him in for a tryout? A lot apparently because no one will do it.

Because they have enough tape on him of his last year in the league to realize there is no need to take on the baggage.