[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray rice

Richard1233

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy or what not, but I agree he is definitely not getting the 2nd chance that others have gotten. Vick displayed the tendencies of a sociopath and was still allowed back. NFL, the hypocrisy appears to run deep.

You know the only other person I can think of that has not gotten a 2nd chance is Rae Carruth.

• Like 2

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy or what not, but I agree he is definitely not getting the 2nd chance that others have gotten. Vick displayed the tendencies of a sociopath and was still allowed back. NFL, the hypocrisy appears to run deep.

You know the only other person I can think of that has not gotten a 2nd chance is Rae Carruth.

Rae has about 3 years left on his prison sentence, maybe he gets a shot for the 2019 season, he'll be 45 then ;)

Vick went to prison and served time for his crimes, most feel Rice wasn't punished at all by the legal system, only the overreaching NFL. And once the first team gave Vick a shot, he showed he could still play (at least a decent backup QB) and the bad press didn't kill them others were sure to give him chances after that.

Who knows, maybe teams have approached Ray or hig agent and he's told them "screw you, I'm never playing in the NFL again". It would appear that could harm the NFL since some people think Ray deserves a chance and the NFL is preventing that.

So much baiting and trolling in one place. It's not all about talent, and it's not all about his past. It's a combination of the two. Rice isn't getting the shot because his talent level isn't sufficient to outweigh the negatives that would come along with him. If he were AP talent he'd be on a roster. If he were TRich terrible but a squeeky clean past he'd at least get a call. But he's toxic off the field, and it's going to take a big impact on the field to be worth weathering that storm.

1 - Rice was never an elite talent. He produced very well in a system perfectly matched to his skill set

2 - He looked old, slow, and overall terrible his last season

3 - He hasn't been on a roster for over 12 months at nearly age 29 in the third place.

Who in their right mind would risk the media tempest this would bring on for that?

• Like 1

So much baiting and trolling in one place. It's not all about talent, and it's not all about his past. It's a combination of the two. Rice isn't getting the shot because his talent level isn't sufficient to outweigh the negatives that would come along with him. If he were AP talent he'd be on a roster. If he were TRich terrible but a squeeky clean past he'd at least get a call. But he's toxic off the field, and it's going to take a big impact on the field to be worth weathering that storm.

1 - Rice was never an elite talent. He produced very well in a system perfectly matched to his skill set

3 - He hasn't been on a roster for over 12 months at nearly age 29 in the third place.

Who in their right mind would risk the media tempest this would bring on for that?

And the angels sang from the heavens...

But, trolls will be trolls...

But what about Mike Vick?

Dogfighting isn't as much of a hot-button as domestic violence, apparently. :shrug:

There's other players in the league with domestic violence charges in their history but Ray Rice was the one who got caught doing it on videotape that went onto be leaked to the public.

Trust me I'm the opposite of a Vick apologist, big time animal lover ... just thinking from the NFL's perspective that the whole dog-fighting (and other associated atrocities) are lower on the totem pole than domestic violence.

sociopath > woman beater?

I think Rice and Vick are both giant pieces of poop. :)

this is true and I am not insinuating that is your thought....but the teams in the NFL rather...

I guess we need a video of Vick drowning and electrocuting dogs in order to see him rejected by the league....but he is still playing to this day...

• Like 1

this is true and I am not insinuating that is your thought....but the teams in the NFL rather...

I guess we need a video of Vick drowning and electrocuting dogs in order to see him rejected by the league....but he is still playing to this day...

Right, we can certainly agree the NFL usually has no clue what the eff it's doing. Their PR people likely had some focus groups and determined for the NFL what their hot button should be. :lol:

Here is the whole thread where you called Muto a snarky little twatface. I actually call you out in this thread, too.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/401375-the-dreaded-7-spot/

Thank you for posting the link to the above thread. Hall of Fame Huddler darin3 makes an innocent post expressing why he hates the 1.7 spot in a draft and almost no one agrees with him except tazinib1. It's hilarious.

Edited by electricrelish

Thank you for posting the link to the above thread. Hall of Fame Huddler darin3 makes an innocent post expressing why he hates the 1.7 spot in a draft and almost no one agrees with him except tazinib1. It's hilarious.

And his slam of Henry Muto was deserved in my view, with the snarky post.

I also see that some huddlers just have an axe to grind with others and use every thread and discussion to start their own private pissing matches.

Anyway digging for some more info on I Rice I came across this from may

http://www.ibtimes.com/3-reasons-ray-rice-will-return-nfl-2015-1920559

Funny how he says these are the 3 reasons Rice will play then for each reason he basically say "so Rice could be signed".

Wait what did I do now

you don't know what youre talking about...moran

Right, none of you guys have long time beefs with each other and are constantly attacking each other in numerous threads. Its my imagination. I may not be an FF expert like some but I'm pretty good at recognizing patterns here.

Right, none of you guys have long time beefs with each other and are constantly attacking each other in numerous threads. Its my imagination. I may not be an FF expert like some but I'm pretty good at recognizing patterns here.

I think HBTC was being facetious

• Like 2