[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Headsets in NE

Dont Rookie Me........

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/steelers-coaches-heard-patriots-radio-broadcasts-in-headset-nfl-season-opener-cheating

Is it even surprising anymore? They won I get it and I am butt hurt, but can we all play the same game when facing each other.

Hats off to the pats opening win, they played well and our D needs help. It was a good game, but come on man.

• Like 1

Was at the Aggies home game against LSU on thanksgiving last year when the LSU headsets didnt work to start the game, referees announced over the tannoy that neither team could use them and they got fixed after ten mins or so.

But seems incredibly suspect that they started working as soon as the referees asked the Patriots to remove there's. But I'm biased against the Patriots entirely.

Everyone realizes that we're talking about NFL equipment that is run by NFL employees here, right? And that both sets of headphones are turned off when issues are reported? How utterly stupid would the Pats have to be to come out and try to interfere with the other teams' comms on the first game after what went down this offseason?

Unless you think that Beli is looking to be fined, forfeit draft picks and/or getting barred from the NFL, please just stop this silliness.

How utterly stupid would the Pats have to be to come out and try to interfere with the other teams' comms on the first game after what went down this offseason?

^THIS! is exactly what i was thinking as i was watching the game last night and even made a similar comment to my wife when michaels and collinsworth started to go down that path...

anyway, haters gonna hate, and defenders gonna defend...nothing to see here, folks, let's move along...

btw, i bet Microsoft absolutely LOVES (NOT!) the endorsement michaels gave apple last night when they panned to BB messing with his surface tablet and michaels announced, "bill is using his iPad." LMAO did anyone else catch that?

Edited by the outlaw

^THIS! is exactly what i was thinking as i was watching the game last night and even made a similar comment to my wife when michaels and collinsworth started to go down that path...

anyway, haters gonna hate, and defenders gonna defend...nothing to see here, folks, let's move along...

btw, i bet Microsoft absolutely LOVES (NOT!) the endorsement michaels gave apple last night when they panned to BB messing with his surface tablet and michaels announced, "bill is using his iPad." LMAO did anyone else catch that?

I missed it but read it on another forum today. Should have remembered they use MS products. Just another example of a brand name used to reference a product generically (Xerox, Kleenex). To many people a smart phone is an iPhone because almost everybody they know has the iPhone. I encounter it when talking to non motorcycle riding friends about riding. They start talking about Harley, hogs, etc. and I have to explain there are many brands and styles of motorcycles.

I missed it but read it on another forum today. Should have remembered they use MS products. Just another example of a brand name used to reference a product generically (Xerox, Kleenex). To many people a smart phone is an iPhone because almost everybody they know has the iPhone. I encounter it when talking to non motorcycle riding friends about riding. They start talking about Harley, hogs, etc. and I have to explain there are many brands and styles of motorcycles.

yeah, i totally get the whole generalization of a product and association with the "lead" brand (i.e., all copy machines becoming "Xerox" machines over time, etc.), but you would think that a guy like al michaels, who has been in broadcasting since the ice age, would have a very keen awareness of product branding and advertising...just sayin'...again, like i said, i thought it was hilarious, but i'm sure the Microsoft execs did not... :rofl:

• Like 1

I also read Big Ben was pissed about the def line shifting all at once to draw the Illegal Procedure penalty at the 1... And on this one I have to side with the Pats (and I am a hugh Pats Hater)... Offenses try to draw Def off-sides all the time so fair play is fair play I guess. As they said in the article there really is not much risk there as in today's NFL to stop someone from less than yard out is so difficult and if you move too much or don't get the call you lose 8-12 inches anyway so it is worth the risk. It has got to be tough for a Offensive Tackle to be using his peripheral vision and see 4 linemen move (albeit laterally) and not think the ball went. This was one of the biggest plays of the game IMO. Should have been a TD and turned into a FG...

While I don't believe it was intentional, it is possible. And the "it was the same for both teams" argument doesn't hold water. If the Pats knew this would happen they could have been prepared for it.

Like I said, most likely nothing to see here, but it is BB.........

I also read Big Ben was pissed about the def line shifting all at once to draw the Illegal Procedure penalty at the 1... And on this one I have to side with the Pats (and I am a hugh Pats Hater)... Offenses try to draw Def off-sides all the time so fair play is fair play I guess. As they said in the article there really is not much risk there as in today's NFL to stop someone from less than yard out is so difficult and if you move too much or don't get the call you lose 8-12 inches anyway so it is worth the risk. It has got to be tough for a Offensive Tackle to be using his peripheral vision and see 4 linemen move (albeit laterally) and not think the ball went. This was one of the biggest plays of the game IMO. Should have been a TD and turned into a FG...

Also note that PIT scored on a rush where the Pats did the same thing earlier in the game - 3 linemen shifted to their left simultaneously and the PIT FB just ran straight into the gap they created. Shifting is a risk but it pays off when the o-line jumps.

fixed

Im talking about everything- not just what's in the news lately--the whole persona created by BB.... the way he acts, the attitude...they want to be despised.

The Patriots think they are better than everyone else (and usually are) and give the impression that they are untouchable.

Obviously this makes people hate them even more-- and puts a magnifying glass on everything.

And don't misinterpret what Im saying- great coach, great qb, great team...im not a hater.

But lets be honest, if BB is your clean cut, media friendly nice guy coach most of this crap doesnt happen.

• Like 1

While I don't believe it was intentional, it is possible. And the "it was the same for both teams" argument doesn't hold water. If the Pats knew this would happen they could have been prepared for it.

Like I said, most likely nothing to see here, but it is BB.........

Really? Given how allegedly prevalent it is at Gillette, shouldn't everyone be prepared for it at all times? My understanding is that signals go out all the time (you can see it on a pretty regular basis in games when a QB is pointing at his helmet and throwing his hands in the air - happens all the time) - if a team isn't prepared for it, they've got nobody to blame but themselves.

Really? Given how allegedly prevalent it is at Gillette, shouldn't everyone be prepared for it at all times? My understanding is that signals go out all the time (you can see it on a pretty regular basis in games when a QB is pointing at his helmet and throwing his hands in the air - happens all the time) - if a team isn't prepared for it, they've got nobody to blame but themselves.

Being prepared it may happen and knowing for sure it will happen involve different levels of preparation I would imagine.

It wasn't because of the shift, it was because they were yelling, simulating the snap. Shifting is perfectly legal.

It wasn't because of the shift, it was because they were yelling, simulating the snap. Shifting is perfectly legal.

I wasn't aware of the yelling snap counts issue, the article talked only that the shifting was the culprit (which they stated is legal). If so, then that yelling stuff to me is bush league kiddee football crap. Have some respect for the game opponents and rules etc... you are a professional. And for those that think it is only illegal if they call it kind of BS then whatever. There is a rule against that specifically, enforcement of it should be done by oneself's honor and not the official.

In fact I am sure that Belichick was instrumental in getting Bell suspended so that he wouldn't be available for this game ...

yes, it's all one big conspiracy...the pats let blount - pun intended - go to (actually sent him to infiltrate) PIT last year during FA to become buddies w/bell, all as part of the scheme to get snagged smokin' a little Josh Gordon...BB even rolled the joint, i'm told from some "sources" at a major network... :rofl:

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1