[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Upgrade at QB, Sell high on Ivory

Constantguest

Had a bit of bad luck week 1, but all in all still feeling good about my roster (in signature). However, I still believe I should go out looking for an upgrade at QB and sit Newton. Best QBs still available on waivers are: Dalton, Mariota, Smith and Foles.

Anyway, RB depth is an issue for a bunch of players in my league, so I was hoping to sell high on Ivory (shares a Week 5 BYE with AP, so not doing too much for me) and make some improvements to my roster.

So, would I be better off pursing one of those 4 QBs in FA, or should I go out and make a trade? I figure I could either go out and grab Cutler to handcuff with Jeffery or Bradford to cuff with Matthews (both QBs are back-up QBs to Big Ben and Brees on their respective rosters). What would be the best route to improve my QB situation? Probably looking to stream Nick Foles next week regardless, but looking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Edited by Constantguest

Ivory has had some risks associated to him in the past but he is relatively young and I think he could be very good this year on a team that needs to balance run/pass.. with the Jet's having competent WR options so teams have to respect the pass I think Ivory could shine, you're right his value probably couldn't be much higher but with that you should be able to command a big upgrade.

No matter what happens in CAR they probably won't win much with their current situation at WR.. If Funchess can step up maybe Newton's value goes up but without Benji and if teams stop Olsen there are going to be some tough games, Mariota next week faces a terrible Browns defense, he can't be relied on to throw 4 TD's weekly and Newton cannot continue to throw for under 200 and one TD.. what is surprising is how ineffective he ran (14 times for 35 yards, ouch). Drop your extra defense (Browns) for another QB probably Mariota for this week, otherwise Foles as he has Washington this week. Maybe stream a second QB and wait for Cam and company to hit their proverbial stride. I wouldn't panic yet but if Cam doesn't run effectively he's going to be limited in the passing games unless it's garbage time yards to be relied upon.

Keep Ivory, stream a second QB, ditch the Browns defense.. also the Browns irrelevant offense keeps the defense on the field no matter how good they are the offense will continue to sputter.

Edited by robotpimp

I don't think you should trade Ivory. Your not going to get 2tds from him every game but I think 1,200 yds and 10-12tds could be had by him this year. As far as QB's go I think the safest pick up would be Smith while Mariota would be the upside pick

The main reason I was gonna trade Ivory is cuz I have Peterson and Charles are every week RB starters and AP and Ivory both have a week 5 Bye, so IVory isn't as helpful with Byes as Martin is (even if Ivory is better). Do you think its still worth keeping Ivory? Just in case my starters get injured or something?

Keep Ivory, stream a second QB, ditch the Browns defense.. also the Browns irrelevant offense keeps the defense on the field no matter how good they are the offense will continue to sputter.

I only planned on streaming Browns D for Week 1, so I was gonna go out and get one of those 4 QBs on waivers in exchange for the Browns D. If I could use Ivory for a major trade like Alshon Jeffery + Ivory for Antonio Brown, would it be worth trading him then? Or should I still keep Ivory for roster depth? This is my first time playing in a 12 team league (my previous leagues were much smaller) so I just wanna make sure I'm not underestimating Ivory's value to my bench depth in the long run or something

Thanks again for all the advice everyone!

then I like your plan, use Ivory for upgrade at WR or a side-trade at RB that you can play week 5 which could be better than Martin.. you want to keep those RB options even if sitting Ivory is like losing points getting into the end of the season and playoffs with options really pays off, having upside players that are waiting to play behind starters doesn't make sense and RB's thin the most so if you can get a big upgrade trading your RB for another WR you'll have to replace the RB lost on your bench so you are not too thin.. although whichever can provide either an immediate upgrade most likely WR for Ivory you'll want to trade him for someone you will play weekly as he is a high RB2 possibly RB1 if he continues to get volume and stay healthy.. Aim high with your trade hunting either another RB or upgrade at WR. Ivory is a 100 and TD a week type guy in a balanced offense.