[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12-Man PPR with shallow 4-spot bench - Drop/trade Tannenhill?

UniqueCopy

My PPR league has only 4 bench slots (plus one IR). I picked up Tannenhill for trade bait in the final rounds, but I'm thinking maybe I should either drop or trade him. Last year I won my season by doing my homework and working the WW, so I'm thinking that slot is likely more valuable to me to stash someone like Lockett, Jones, Parker, Lewis, Stevie Johnson, etc. (all available). I have Brees as my QB1. To give an idea of the league, available QB's are Cutler, Dalton, A Smith, and Fitz.

Typically if it is a 1 QB start league (no superflex) then there is no reason to keep two QB's because you're playing Brees weekly not streaming by guessing when Tannehill will out perform Brees. Trade bate on QB's is a myth unless the allows playing two QB's which severely depletes the QB starter options. Tannehill isn't really droppable but he was so average vs a horrible team you won't get much from him in return. Jones is worth an add, probably S.Johnson.. I think Jones is the person that will be able to contribute weekly as a WR3/Flex. There are QB's available for the bye week, good or bad. Shallow bench = no reason to hold QB's, you need WR/RB options as you need to start 2 and a flex.

Lockett if your league rewards return TD's as offensive scoring opposed to the Defense only getting credit, its sneaky.. I actually have Miami's defense and Landry got a double dip in points from his return for TD.. I don't know if that warrants a roster position weekly hoping for a return TD but if he continues to catch passes and gain decent yards he might be worth a spot but he's essentially T.Austin Jr. smallish fast WR and usually too erratic to guess when those big games will come vs those vanilla games..

Edited by robotpimp
  • Like 2

Typically if it is a 1 QB start league (no superflex) then there is no reason to keep two QB's because you're playing Brees weekly not streaming by guessing when Tannehill will out perform Brees. Trade bate on QB's is a myth unless the allows playing two QB's which severely depletes the QB starter options. Tannehill isn't really droppable but he was so average vs a horrible team you won't get much from him in return. Jones is worth an add, probably S.Johnson.. I think Jones is the person that will be able to contribute weekly as a WR3/Flex. There are QB's available for the bye week, good or bad. Shallow bench = no reason to hold QB's, you need WR/RB options as you need to start 2 and a flex.

Lockett if your league rewards return TD's as offensive scoring opposed to the Defense only getting credit, its sneaky.. I actually have Miami's defense and Landry got a double dip in points from his return for TD.. I don't know if that warrants a roster position weekly hoping for a return TD but if he continues to catch passes and gain decent yards he might be worth a spot but he's essentially T.Austin Jr. smallish fast WR and usually too erratic to guess when those big games will come vs those vanilla games..

Awesome, thanks for the reply!